United Ireland. | Vital Football

United Ireland.

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
How soon will there be a referendum on a United Ireland? A few more months of the consequences of NI being sold down the river by Boris Johnson's deception over the border in the sea and the inevitable break up of the UK will happen. It is logical and historically just. Boris will be the last PM of the United Kingdom which will disintegrate as a direct consequence of his unprincipled lust for power.

How soon will there be a referendum on a United Ireland? A few more months of the consequences of NI being sold down the river by Boris Johnson's deception over the border in the sea and the inevitable break up of the UK will happen. It is logical and historically just. Boris will be the last PM of the United Kingdom which will disintegrate as a direct consequence of his unprincipled lust for power.
We should have a land border as previous like the U.S. and Canada.

You have such a nostalgia for the Thatcher era it seems as if you want to bring the troubles back too.

Not at whole we already have a different currency and vat so with minor adjustment build on that.....We could also allow Southern Ireland to join our free trade area.They did vote to come out of the EU but made to have another vote.

As a matter of EU law Eire is not allowed to strike unilateral deals with non EU countries. I am more and more convinced that complete ignorance of what was involved in leaving the EU led to the Leave vote and you write nothing to make me change my mind.

As a matter of EU law Eire is not allowed to strike unilateral deals with non EU countries. I am more and more convinced that complete ignorance of what was involved in leaving the EU led to the Leave vote and you write nothing to make me change my mind.
That is soon solved they join our trade group and go back to the punt .

That is soon solved they join our trade group and go back to the punt .
Why would they want to commit economic suicide and deprive the younger generation of European citizenship ? Only selfish, deluded and ignorant old farts would vote for that.:tophat:

Because most of their trade is with the U.K.

How utterly ridiculous. I too read the quote by Lord Digby Jones last weekend and took the trouble to check it out from several sources. All concurred that it was false. Please learn to take the trouble to research your facts before posting the garbage that you choose to believe. For starters Eire exports 11 percent of its goods to the UK including NI and imports plus services going both ways are of a similar order. Hardly counts as "most" or the 90 percent that Dotard Digby claimed

How utterly ridiculous. I too read the quote by Lord Digby Jones last weekend and took the trouble to check it out from several sources. All concurred that it was false. Please learn to take the trouble to research your facts before posting the garbage that you choose to believe. For starters Eire exports 11 percent of its goods to the UK including NI and imports plus services going both ways are of a similar order. Hardly counts as "most" or the 90 percent that Dotard Digby claimed
In Scotland they should have stuck with voting at 18 instead of allowing children to vote.

Age does not confer wisdom and judgement. Some 16 year old are wiser than some 80 year olds and are more likely to check the facts. As any major changes are more likely to affect the lives of younger voters for far longer than those preparing to drop off the perch it seems only fair that they should have their say.

Those at 16 have not experienced life outside school and are easily influenced not all teachers are like the one’s I had !