United 1 Brighton 1 - report | Page 2 | Vital Football

United 1 Brighton 1 - report

On our way home, mi son& me were listenin t'interview and within 30seconds we both said Tufty's got face on over summat,it med us both laff.How dare anyone leave early?:LOL: UTMPB
You will always have fans leaving early
Have fans wanting more
Expecting us to play like Barcelona
But , I think, on the whole, our fans ( over the years, and the crap we have put up with) have been fantastic
UTB

You will always have fans leaving early
Have fans wanting more
Expecting us to play like Barcelona
But , I think, on the whole, our fans ( over the years, and the crap we have put up with) have been fantastic
UTB
Crect Raysa,ya can tell tha were a TREETON miner at one time mi owd pal,obvs learnt some sense from us TREETONIANS.:yes::giggle: UTMPB

I read that Tufty jogged to the match yesterday, and was asked by a researcher outside the ground (who didn't recognise him) what his experiences had been of the Premier League so far :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Brighton – They looked a side bereft of confidence and overall will have been delighted to get something from a game they were second best from for long spells.

They did not have much possession or much territory really and other than a few breaks, they were sitting back and defending. We were the dominant side and finally got ahead but then they got level straight away with a set play goal.

After this the form of the first half an hour continued. They played 3 at the back and matched us up and had a very big back 5 with even the wing backs both 6 footers (Burn 6’6’’) and were trying to keep a solid shape. They had little of the ball and I felt Norwood and Fleck controlled the football. They just wanted to stay deep and keep a shape. They managed to restrict us to a few chances and the keeper did not have much to do so will feel they defended well but they never really looked that interested in breaking out or trying to attack. They will take a point of course. They will say they were resilient and stayed in and at this stage of the season a draw is a good result. I am surprised they are so low down. They have some good technical players and Potter is a manager I like but they seem to have been struggling. With just 11 to play it is a bit of a dogfight between 7 or 8 teams for maybe 2 of the bottom places. I think they have enough to get out with some solid players at the back (back three all decent really) and some decent footballers in Mooy and Propper etc. Maupay/Murray will always nick a goal of course too.

Opponent Man of the Match – Mooy takes a decent set play and at times looked good but, on the ball, I felt Norwood and Fleck outshined him. Maupay got a goal but did little else but that is the life of a striker. The best player may have been the midfielder, Bissouma who carried it, got stuck in (too much and got booked early) and was always looking to get on the ball. The defenders Webster, Dunk and Duffy won a lot of headers and blocks so all three were solid today.

Opponent Weak link – Schelotto was a bit of a character with some ridiculous diving and at times we caused him some problems down the right. Murray was never in the game at all and was starved of the ball.

Referee/Officials/VAR – A few moments to look at that went for us and maybe could have gone against us but will say, that the other way I would have said the same really. The Osborn handball would have been very harsh as it was driven at him and then the Lundstram – Dunk clash. Some say it was a high foot but in real speed, it seemed two players going for the ball. I think a red would have been very harsh but I have not seen it back. Bissouma was booked for two wild tackles early and then Propper for a headlock on McBurnie as he tried to get away. That was it! Ryan time wasted all game but Scott just kept pointing to his watch. Then after all this timewasting and the Dunk injury; he decided three minutes would be played. THREE MINUTES. Utterly bonkers. It was at least 5 or 6 and that is being generous. Shame as I felt we might nick a winner. Shows you can time waste all you like and you won’t get booked or time added on. The two assistant referees were hopeless as they kept looking at the referee for help but never made any decisions themselves. They may as well not have been there.

Crowd/Atmosphere etc – Bit flat for me. I agree with Wilder and I would have thought that we would have given the team a better reaction at the end but also during the game; the crowd needed to do more. A sold-out crowd with a full away following and the team playing well again but it was a bit too quiet and needed more backing/noise. The crowd were appreciative and not negative but I think that we could have upped the decibel levels more. I don’t think it was a frustrating type atmosphere but as I say I wanted a bit more for a side that surely deserves it?
hendo didnt have much to do but got a 7.5 and he was half at fault for goal ,5 at best, your berge summary bang on. he needs shelving until pre season theres two players country miles ahead of him at the moment lunny and besic . persist with berge and we,ll come un stuck

hendo didnt have much to do but got a 7.5 and he was half at fault for goal ,5 at best, your berge summary bang on. he needs shelving until pre season theres two players country miles ahead of him at the moment lunny and besic . persist with berge and we,ll come un stuck
How will Berge improve by not playin Twirls?:ROFLMAO: Tha wants to leave ale alone in that sports bar tha so fond of tellin us all abart.:LOL: By the way when's mi free neet on't ale in theer? UTMPB

I read that Tufty jogged to the match yesterday, and was asked by a researcher outside the ground (who didn't recognise him) what his experiences had been of the Premier League so far :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
In many of this morning's papers. He must have mentioned in in the post matcgh press conference. I put it up earlier when some were mentioning he'd been grumpy in his interviews- must have upset him not being recognised:(

How will Berge improve by not playin Twirls?:ROFLMAO: Tha wants to leave ale alone in that sports bar tha so fond of tellin us all abart.:LOL: By the way when's mi free neet on't ale in theer? UTMPB
lets see what wilder does in the next league game pal. lol you can come down anytime ill get you half, lol.
we are carrying berge ,lunny is head and shoulders better. a footballer gets better by not playing when hes injured. i just cant see the attraction of berge at the moment and if we want to go on a european tour we need 11 effective players. im not saying berge wont be an assett in the future i think he will but hes not doing owt at moment . we cant carry him if we wanna go higher:finger::gimp::Fingers::yes::rofl:

Leaving early ? From what I saw not many did leave early, certainly at the back of the kop, game was there for the taking and we were attacking.

I suspect what Tufty was referring to was the fact that not enough stayed behind to applaud, not the same as leaving early but I take his point

I agree with CW, partly. We sit in the SS and every game people start leaving 5 minutes early (even if we are winning) and instead of moving to the exit in a normal manner they walk slowly while watching the game. This stops us from seeing the match at the end and is so distracting. At one time I thought they must get a reduced ticket price as some of these people also arrive late.

The partly bit - I clap the team as I leave immediately after the whistle. The only time we stay to salute the players is on the last home game of the season.

All of the above is the punters choice.