Unhappy Bees Fans | Vital Football

Unhappy Bees Fans

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
A quick tour around forums and social media will tell you we aren't a happy bunch right now. Concerns about recruitment, results and coaching troubling some, others feeling marginalised by our club over the new badge, stewarding / fan ejections, and marketing.

Out of the blue thing do seem to have drifted and need correcting quickly.

Some of these issues surfaced last year, I thought we'd got past them - maybe I was wrong.

Is it that bad? What do we think on here?

Its' all about results, everything looks better when you are winning. Stuff like the new badge and marketing doesn't really bother me, walking away from the ground after another loss when we have thrown the game away does.

We are in probably in the worst form and position since we came up to the Championship and it is hard to see a way out at the moment, tensions rise and passions boil over in situations like this. The trouble on Saturday with home fans being ejected would not have happened if we had been winning (not that I think the club/ stewards handled it very well).

Saturday is a huge game for the club and for DS in particular as it is followed up by two hard away games. He needs 6/7 points by January to save his job IMHO. I like him and feel he is a good coach but don't get the impression he is a man for a crisis.

I honestly feel that had the man at the top not been who he is, not been known as a Bees fan for a long time, the complaints would have started when Warbs was, shall we say, leaving through mutual consent. I felt very strongly at the time and do now. I kept my mind focussed on what was happening and not what someone had done thus far. Sadly I wasn't wrong to worry. Nor were a few others. I really wish I was but look what has happened since. And look at some of the detritus we have had to carry and still do, thanks to an idea.
The badge doesn't bother me, it may have if things were going well, it would have been a sideshow to moan about. Having spoken to Sean about it, he explained to me why that shape is better and he's no axe to grind either way. Way above my head but I'll take it, as he'd say to me if it was just an excuse to make changes. He hasn't so I will accept the reasoning. Don't know where some get "it looks like a wasp" from. They need lessons in what insects look like.
Wasn't too keen on Smith when he came, his record didn't set the world on fire and he's not exactly set us alight either. His body language of standing on the touchline with hands in pockets, not doing much doesn't really enthuse me. Agree with Kent, he's not exactly the man for a crisis, even if he did turn things round last season. That's not going to happen every time though. That said, I'm not sure about changing him. Yet. I don't know. Really don't know.
Results have to change. We've had two good games where the luck went against us. Two wins out of those or even four points and we'd not be questioning yet. The last game was awful. The players have had a meeting straight after where they were able to speak their minds and clear the air. Let's see how they respond to it and give it a couple of games. I fear we are on the slide back to where we have spent so many years. I just hope not. I felt it last year and was wrong. Please let me be wrong again.

Pretty much any badge would be better than the abortion we have at present - apart from a Fulham-style swastika badge!

Benham has stated his reasons for how he has handled things but I guess not often enough:
Manager to head coach so we don't start again every time a good manager gets picked off by another club [Warbs was already looking elsewhere].
FFP rules mean you can only really gamble once every three years to get promotion. [Our budget this year is bottom six compared to middle 8 under Warbs]
We have to sell our best players because we cannot afford the wages they can get elsewhere [but we do get good transfer fees for them now]
We need to play the market sensibly and look to potential talent in the lower leagues and abroad at reasonable prices.
Try before you buy loanees [worked until recently but Pritchard and Canos became out of our range and the top loanees are often too expensive for wages e.g. Tammy Abrahams]

He's admitted to making mistakes but on the whole I find it difficult to challenge the statements he's made.

I get the feeling Dean Smith is a long term appointment. Good at finding and developing young players. I remember the first thing Walsall fans said to us when we got him: "I hope you can put up with his long runs without a win". But they clearly liked him and the way he plays football and when we get it right we do look great. A couple of wins etc. etc.

So a new assistant coach arrives from Denmark with good credentials for developing young players, that came out the blue. Typical positive left field type move from MB but maybe it will give us the spark we need. Lets hope he helps DS with tactical issues during the game as this seems an area he lacks at present.

Maybe Warbs started looking once he found out the club had been to Spain to talk to someone who would work under the system he felt he couldn't Once again. We changed things that didn't need changing at the time. Remember the announcement was after the win at Leeds and put a halt on our charge to the top.

I hope this guy from Denmark isn't another one like that useless slime ball who brought in so much rubbish, some of which is paid highly and needs to be offloaded to maybe help on this FFP we keep hearing about.

Feels a lot better after that win. Need to get a point or two from the upcoming away games to keep up the momentum otherwise Cardiff becomes another must win game. Palpable relief around GP at the end.

Where did they get that referee from??

I think that referee came from the Burton changing room. Some of his decisions were bonkers.

I've seen and heard a lot of people saying that was awful etc, but I thought it was a vast improvement on last week. At times we were looking good then went back into our shells. Atmosphere was a bit flat again

Question for you. Was Sawyers booked after the melee? It looked like it, but I'd swear he was also booked first half. Was this another refereeing boob?

Don't remember Sawyers being booked first half, could be wrong. There were certainly some very good periods of play from us , although the inevitable desperate need to secure three points led to a less than composed display in the last third of the game.

When results aren't good then people tend to find other faults with the club. Things which get forgotten when we are winning week in week out

Saturday was much better and Hogan's third goal, which was never a foul, would have meant a more comfortable end to the game

The reality is that we are not as good as previous years, but we've lost so many good players over the last couple of years that this was inevitable. If our loanee was pulling his weight currently we would be a better team, but it's not really worked out for KaiKai. I think we've been hurt by the new loan rules tbh as I think we'd have seen other fresh blood at the club whilst we've been stagnating a bit

Sawyers launched two or three great attacks at the weekend and looked better in his role in the current formation. Josh M didnt seize his chance but I would probably start him again tomorrow as we've never really seen him get a run of games. Vibe was really poor and looks completely and utterly out of form.

Glad you said that about Sawyers, Condor. I thought he had a good game overall and went quiet for a period in the second half, which,coincidentally was when our chances dried up. He made some good tackles late on too playing deep on the right. Vibe created some chances then wrecked them himself trying too hard. A sure sign of someone out of form and making things worse. Agree with your point about things being overlooked when we are winning but if you mention cracks and papering over you get told you are a moaner lol.

Definitely not a foul, but I saw the referee say to Hogan "I saw you push him. You pushed him" He bloody didn't. The guy panicked when he heard Hogan closing in. Clear view from my angle and he didn't touch him.

Very happy to get the win but a decent side would have battered us. The whole day overshadowed by the news of the premature death of our terrace top boy just before kickoff.

A true Brentford legend.

RIP MS!

Yeah, stop moaning CB :17:

The way I've heard it is Dean Smith is a brilliant man-manager. The players love him and he's great at developing youngsters. The new man has been brought in to help with the tactics which seem to have gone awry at the moment. No idea how true that is but Benham is definitely a Smith fan.

Some people have suggested that it will be difficult if Smith doesn't like the idea of this new bloke but it seems to me that anything that improves your chances of being successful and staying in a good job would be welcomed by anyone.

I thought we played well on Saturday, not brilliant but we won and gave very few chances away. Confidence should be on the up now and hopefully some points in the bag for Christmas.

There's obviously a lot of rumours going around about Hogan going in Jan. Assuming we get loads of money who do you think we could bring in to replace him, heard any names?

Hopefully not Ollie Watkins beefy! For me it's £15M without add ons for SH, we should encourage him to finish too championship scorer as a bees player. Put down a marker. Then he can have his move.

If he goes it's a huge test of our recruitment team - which so far has had mixed results at best.

We would need a replacement straight away. Same as I said with Gray, If you don't have a twenty goal a season replacement there, no amount of money is good business.
I know the players like Smith, Beefy, and I agree that if he wants to improve his position any help would be good, and I also hear that Benham is a Smith fan. I can't see him getting rid of him for a long time however things go.
BTW who is MS, Rebel?

Two wins on the bounce and the bees world looks a rosier place.

Will be going to rip off Leeds and can approach this game much calmer now. Did think of boycotting it with their high ticket prices but caved in.

As for any replacement for Hogan should he go ( not convinced he will until the summer) who knows, probably two strikers at least including a PL loaned hot shot maybe.

MS is / was Mark Sangster CB, died Saturday at just 53. A proper chap from back in the day.

Thrilled with the win at brizzle, we are to them what Brum are to us it seems. Kent is right, these 2 wins have settled us down, I'm no exception. I guess we have to factor in that this league is plain mad, PNE took a thumping at ours and then go on a long winning run, similar stories everywhere. I was really worried about DS, on reflection I feel that whilst he may not be the guy to move us upwards he is the guy to keep us safe as we transition to LR. We are still punching well above our weight and sticking it to these so called big clubs. A point at Leeds would do nicely.

Sangster? Oh jeez. A year younger than me too. Brings it all home. Top geeze in every sense. One of the old Mentals firm. Sorry to hear that but thank you for telling me.

A good if not convincing win last night. A decent side would have done us, and to be fair, I think a draw would have been a fair result and I'd have been pleased with that. It's nice that for once I can say I don't think we deserved that in a positive way if you know what I mean.
First half we looked the better side, Hogan going one on one with both keepers and losing out, mainly due to good keeping. Sawyers was the provider for most of our chances again I hasten to add (although he did make an enormous mistake that nearly cost us big time, I will say). Second half they had the better chances but their number nine was awful and his mistakes cost City. After we'd scored they didn't really do much other than bluster forwards without creating much. At the time of the goal they were looking more likely to score.
We need to pick up a bit against Leeds, they won't be so forgiving.

A note about the atmosphere though. Very quiet. Fifteen thousand and it was so quiet. I knew people were there because I could hear them breathing. Is football becoming so sanitised in the Sky years that atmospheres are being sucked out of the game? Brizzle is normally buzzing but apart from the odd shout it was dead. Something I've noticed about GP lately.

Yes that's him CB - funeral in early Jan I understand with something in the hive later, proper bees send off wanted, there's a thread on this on the gpg if you can bear seeing the other stuff on there. Very sad, MS was one of the bricklayers chaps - Brentford through and through.

Won't be many bees up at Leeds today at those away prices - criminal! Nevertheless wouldn't it be great to take something away with us. Something about Leeds and some of their fans that is so easy to dislike. Ignorant, arrogant, out of touch and disrespectful to pretty much all other fans / clubs. They don't even think they should be playing the likes of us today, they expect to trample us - maybe they will, but a win at these places is all the sweeter.

Coyb