Unemployed French Speaking Managers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Unemployed French Speaking Managers

It might well be billed as mutual consent dIG, it often is in situations like this, but generally it's because of a "jump or you'll be pushed" situation. That said it's fair enough if that is the case, if pardew had any dignity he'd have fallen on his sword weeks ago

Even if the french ligue 1 is inferior to the premiership, this guys ligue 1 title with montpellier (the clubs first ever) more than trumps pardews johnston's paint pot (sorry... trophy)

Maybe even a big club in The Championship. Definitely in with a shout of being our manager next season.

Tomfoolery - 2/5/2013 16:16

He could be another Pardew, one season wonder, they are well down the league this season..

Bit like us though,they sold their 20 goal top scorer before the season started & replaced him with a lad whos scored 6 in 38 games.

Dont understand any clamour for Lee Clark. He has done less than Pardew and is as cocky

Only man for me is Mourinho,bet he is busting a gut to get back into the prem come the end of May...Howay man Ashley get that chequebook out and put this club where it belongs,in the top tier of European football let alone English football...This post has nothing to do with Carlsburg either.

Don't get our hopes up, Laz. Imagine Mourinho on the first day of training turning up and just telling Perch and Cisse to leave. 'Don't bother coming back lads, you're both shit and not wanted around here'.

Lee clark is clamoured for because he's a local lad and he tries to play attackin football ala keegan, unlike pardew's version of attacking football that he keeps mentioning in press conferences but noone's ever seen. Would love mourinho here but can't see it happening, unless someone persuades him that it's what sir bobby would have wanted (in fact I heard a while ago that Sir bobby actually recommended mourinho to replace him). Lets just hope whoever replaces pardew (if he does go) that they are a substantial improvement

Sorry TD, but i agree with owl on this. one thing is I don't think you can ever say "ala keegan" unless you saw keegans team first time round. I've seen lee clark's team and either he told you its the same or you saw some a different keegan.

secondly, what's this about being a local lad? Am I right in thinking Freddie shepherd's pipe dream still lives on in some people? What difference does it make if the lad is local or not?

As for the local lad thing (or a former player) this is one club where I can't help but feel that the manager has to have an understanding of supporters.

I sense you are of the generation who loved Supermac even though we were a mid table side. If we can't win something, we at least like excitement, for 90 minutes after the working week and before the next one to be thrilled and have something to talk about.

I don't want someone who can call criticism at being outclassed by the scum as "heavy handed".

Corner I'm just going from what i've heard on Lee clark. Saw the tail end of keegan first time round and it was fantastic football. If Clark's team don't play like keegan's then fair enough. I'm just giving my opinion on why people want him. THe logic behind people wanting him because he's local is because he understands the region and the supporters, something which pardew patently doesn't (despite his attempts to make it appear like he does)

Ok, so the example given by yourself, admittedly in the hope of answering other people was like keegans football. Keegan was in my view the best manager we had and he wasn't a supporter but being born away from the area didn't stop him understanding the clubs fans.
I simply don't buy this notion that a local lad will understand us better. I would love someone with a bit of common sense to manage the club. A manger with a good head will know how to use the fans.Its very basic and proves people in football are not too bright. Simply get the fans on your side by saying the right things, being honest and treating them with respect and be seen to work hard and you are going to be very popular here. why other managers and players do that is nothing to do with being born up here.
Look through our list of fans favourites over the years and its players with heart and who gave it everything. Davey macreery wasn't a great footballer but was hugely popular in the terraces because he was an honest footballer who gave it his all.surely shola tells you that being local doesn't give you an award of understanding what fans want. He has stolen a career by pissing off nufc fans for being bone idle and fucking rubbish.
Take away all the money and stop giving the same people the top managers jobs and you'll start to see more effort more understanding what goes on in the stands.

Ok, so the example given by yourself, admittedly in the hope of answering other people was like keegans football. Keegan was in my view the best manager we had and he wasn't a supporter but being born away from the area didn't stop him understanding the clubs fans.
I simply don't buy this notion that a local lad will understand us better. I would love someone with a bit of common sense to manage the club. A manger with a good head will know how to use the fans.Its very basic and proves people in football are not too bright. Simply get the fans on your side by saying the right things, being honest and treating them with respect and be seen to work hard and you are going to be very popular here. why other managers and players do that is nothing to do with being born up here.
Look through our list of fans favourites over the years and its players with heart and who gave it everything. Davey macreery wasn't a great footballer but was hugely popular in the terraces because he was an honest footballer who gave it his all.surely shola tells you that being local doesn't give you an award of understanding what fans want. He has stolen a career by pissing off nufc fans for being bone idle and fucking rubbish.
Take away all the money and stop giving the same people the top managers jobs and you'll start to see more effort more understanding what goes on in the stands.

This is a good point and one that has baffled me for years. The managerial merry go round. Souness fails at Liverpool, gets Blackburn job, fails there, gets Toon job, fails there. Then a lucrative tv job giving his 'expert' opinions. Mick Mccarthy fails at the mackems, fails at wolves, same again. Ruud Gullit contantly on the box. Alans Curbishley and Pardew swopping jobs at Charlton and West Ham having both failed. What does it take for people, specifically chairmen, to realise these are shit managers and that's why they are out of work?