Undr the Cosh - Matt Rhead | Page 3 | Vital Football

Undr the Cosh - Matt Rhead

Yes and played a handful of games in 6 months, 35 years old and tarnished his reputation and can’t get another club. Very daft, borderline professional suicide and stupidity of the highest order.

that is true, however we are fans whereas to him it’s a job a source of income.

He is late to the game from working in a factory, if I was in his shoes I would done the same. If someone is crazy enough to offer wages higher then a league 1 club why not take it.

I am not sure at 35 a footballer can take career suicide, however he is still free to play again and I doubt it has damaged his reputation

I bet by Friday he is employed again either at league 2 or Conference national level

that is true, however we are fans whereas to him it’s a job a source of income.

He is late to the game from working in a factory, if I was in his shoes I would done the same. If someone is crazy enough to offer wages higher then a league 1 club why not take it.

I am not sure at 35 a footballer can take career suicide, however he is still free to play again and I doubt it has damaged his reputation

I bet by Friday he is employed again either at league 2 or Conference national level

He should retire gracefully now and concentrate on his coaching. Hasnt played or trained seriously for months, if anyone of note wanted him they would have signed him on January 1st

He should retire gracefully now and concentrate on his coaching. Hasnt played or trained seriously for months, if anyone of note wanted him they would have signed him on January 1st

That Is true that said with agents and transfer chains it’s a funny game which is why deadline day is fabric.

I hope he gets something sorted

He says he's got irons in the fire, or words to that effect. Don't forget, as a free agent, the deadline doesn't apply to him. I expect he'll be playing in the national league n/s at the very least before the end of the season.

As for the interview, came across brilliantly. Just a normal guy who had something about him and made the most of it through hardwork and dedication. Clearly loved the game to the extent that he paid subs well into adulthood. Switched on, knows his priority is to look after his family, hence Braintree. I doubt by the end of January his move to, and subsequent pay off from that shambles will have cost him too much.

In my 22 years I can't think of many true City legends. KA, DC for sure. Rheady? Easily.

He says he's got irons in the fire, or words to that effect. Don't forget, as a free agent, the deadline doesn't apply to him. I expect he'll be playing in the national league n/s at the very least before the end of the season.

As for the interview, came across brilliantly. Just a normal guy who had something about him and made the most of it through hardwork and dedication. Clearly loved the game to the extent that he paid subs well into adulthood. Switched on, knows his priority is to look after his family, hence Braintree. I doubt by the end of January his move to, and subsequent pay off from that shambles will have cost him too much.

In my 22 years I can't think of many true City legends. KA, DC for sure. Rheady? Easily.

4 weeks into the window and Rheady still hasn’t found a club. Maybe a lot of clubs don’t hold him in the same esteem as the Imps fans. For his sake he should get playing again for a Nantwich or Corby so he can possibly look start a coaching career even if it’s part time and back to JCB as a day job.
Talk of players having to have a last big pay day because it’s a short career is rubbish, how many working blokes have a change of career at some point.

The full sorry Jon Parkin saga in January 2006:
  • 2nd January: Lincoln issues press release that KA and Gary Simpson are to put on leave.
  • 4th January: Lincoln announce a fee of £150,000 agreed with Crewe for transfer of Gareth McAuley.
    City's Chairman of Football Ray Trew confirmed that McAuley's move to Crewe now depended on the defender agreeing personal terms with the Railwaymen. "Both Gareth and his agent have been informed and both appear to be happy at the move," said Mr Trew."It's now down to Gareth to agree personal terms with Crewe Alexandra."
  • 4th January: A bid for Jon Parkin is declared.
    I think the fact that we've made what we feel is a substantial offer for Jon Parkin shows that this football club is serious about bringing in quality players," said Mr Trew.
  • 5th January: BBC reports that Lincoln's offer "which involved a six-figure sum plus players" for Parkin has been rejected.
  • 5th January: Club issues press release restoring KA but announcing Gary Simpson's departure.
    At this point the Board would like to apologise to Keith for the unfortunate sequence of events leading to his suspension and this act had nothing to do with anything he was responsible for.
  • 6th January: McAuley fails to agree personal terms with Crewe and the move is off.
  • 6th January: Press release announces the resignation of Chairman of Football, Ray Trew from the Board of Directors.

• 2nd January: Lincoln issues press release that KA and Gary Simpson are to put on leave.
  • 4th January: Lincoln announce a fee of £150,000 agreed with Crewe for transfer of Gareth McAuley.
  • 5th January: BBC reports that Lincoln's offer "which involved a six-figure sum plus players" for Parkin has been rejected.
  • 5th January: Club issues press release restoring KA but announcing Gary Simpson's departure.
  • 6th January: McAuley fails to agree personal terms with Crewe and the move is off.
  • 6th January: Press release announces the resignation of Chairman of Football, Ray Trew from the Board of Directors.

Good digging - that's how I remember it. Load of turd as I 5thought. Lots of chest puffing and bull going down at that time.

I’m calling Netflix with an idea for a new show.

For those who enjoyed Rheady "under the cosh" you might like to see what Matt let himself in for when he joined BILLERICAY.

link inc /bad language/crazy people/man motivation at the highest level/ singing/speeches .......it`s got the lot...............6 minutes long

If Rheady had only spent 5 minutes searching YOUTUBE doing a bit of due diligence on his potential employer Mr Tamplin(white shirt/club owner) then he would never have put fuel in his motor and driven to Essex.

Most people in football knew that Billericay and Tamplin were total nut cases and bad news and DC, Rheady and his agent thought the deal offered by them was a great deal and too good to turn down. None of them must have a brain cell between them to even think it would have a happy ending. It makes you wonder about the intelligence and common sense of a lot of people involved in football.
I think this was pretty daft of Rhead, probably cynical on the part of the Agent and DC/NC who were keen to shift him and thought this was a good way to do so.

For those who enjoyed Rheady "under the cosh" you might like to see what Matt let himself in for when he joined BILLERICAY.

link inc /bad language/crazy people/man motivation at the highest level/ singing/speeches .......it`s got the lot...............6 minutes long

If Rheady had only spent 5 minutes searching YOUTUBE doing a bit of due diligence on his potential employer Mr Tamplin(white shirt/club owner) then he would never have put fuel in his motor and driven to Essex.

Are we certain this isn't a sort of sub Gervais/Merchant spoof?

If not Mr GT has swallowed every motivational balloon juice textbook entirely and what's come out is a cross between Nev from "The Call Centre" and football legend John Sitton from "Orient Club For a Fiver"

Are we certain this isn't a sort of sub Gervais/Merchant spoof?

If not Mr GT has swallowed every motivational balloon juice textbook entirely and what's come out is a cross between Nev from "The Call Centre" and football legend John Sitton from "Orient Club For a Fiver"

i`m still looking for some footage showing Rheady singing along to R Kelly..........it must be there somewhere?

I think this was pretty daft of Rhead, probably cynical on the part of the Agent and DC/NC who were keen to shift him and thought this was a good way to do so.

And presumably get a decent fee for the club for Rheady too. So much for looking after the players best interests, DC didn’t do him any favours At all. This whole sorry episode is an embarrassment to everyone involved where money and greed was the overriding priority and is an example of everything that stinks about football, footballers, agents, managers and owners.