Under Contract 2016/17 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Under Contract 2016/17

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 17:47

Players seeing what happens when you pressure the boss?
Don't quite understand that one! Player said he would rather play elsewhere than Lincoln.

johnolbe - 22/12/2015 17:37

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 17:15

Steve O'Dare - 22/12/2015 16:51

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 16:49

NottyImp - 22/12/2015 16:27

SIMJON - 22/12/2015 16:24

NottyImp - 22/12/2015 15:59

jal jal - 22/12/2015 15:22

If we are buiding a team for this season or if we don't get promoted then next season then just tell them he's not approachable as we will have more cash than we usually have.
You don't get promotion selling your best players.

Depends how much you get. ;)

Seriously though, we should be in a strong bargaining position if any offers do come in over the Summer, as we don't have to sell. Obviously, unless someone offers silly money, we shouldn't sell in January.

Unless of course they say they're unhappy, then we'll just give them away ;)

I think - I hope - CM may have learned something from the Hearn debacle.

Me too. Weak management left us right up the pooper. Just got it wrong. Hindsight is a great thing though.
Complete nonsense. Are we really going to keep a player that obviously does not want to be here? Would we play him? Who would be paying his wages to sit on his behind? Strong management in my view.

Right back at you. Making the 'problem' disappear to the detriment of the club is the opposite of strong management. Remember he's a Moyses man in a team full of men. Men don't throw toys out of pram and if they do they definitely don't get their own way. Bad parenting by Moyses :-)

Skip, you will never get a seat on the team bus, sat right behind the management, with an attitude like that. CM is always right and even if he might not be you are not allowed to say it. Now get into line!!!
You forgot your very own special official club jacket just like Moyses with your initials just where your beloved management have their initials so that it makes you look like you are really really important. :love:

Who really had the power?
Always the player in a situation such as this. Did you see his "effort" at Boreham Wood?

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 17:48

Do what I want or what the boss wants?
Players will always do as they want if they have interest to be at another club.

impede - 22/12/2015 17:55

johnolbe - 22/12/2015 17:37

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 17:15

Steve O'Dare - 22/12/2015 16:51

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 16:49

NottyImp - 22/12/2015 16:27

SIMJON - 22/12/2015 16:24

NottyImp - 22/12/2015 15:59

jal jal - 22/12/2015 15:22

If we are buiding a team for this season or if we don't get promoted then next season then just tell them he's not approachable as we will have more cash than we usually have.
You don't get promotion selling your best players.

Depends how much you get. ;)

Seriously though, we should be in a strong bargaining position if any offers do come in over the Summer, as we don't have to sell. Obviously, unless someone offers silly money, we shouldn't sell in January.

Unless of course they say they're unhappy, then we'll just give them away ;)

I think - I hope - CM may have learned something from the Hearn debacle.

Me too. Weak management left us right up the pooper. Just got it wrong. Hindsight is a great thing though.
Complete nonsense. Are we really going to keep a player that obviously does not want to be here? Would we play him? Who would be paying his wages to sit on his behind? Strong management in my view.

Right back at you. Making the 'problem' disappear to the detriment of the club is the opposite of strong management. Remember he's a Moyses man in a team full of men. Men don't throw toys out of pram and if they do they definitely don't get their own way. Bad parenting by Moyses :-)

Skip, you will never get a seat on the team bus, sat right behind the management, with an attitude like that. CM is always right and even if he might not be you are not allowed to say it. Now get into line!!!
You forgot your very own special official club jacket just like Moyses with your initials just where your beloved management have their initials so that it makes you look like you are really really important. :love:
My lovely jacket. Yes I love it. It was a part of the deal from the game played on Sincil Bank to raise money for the youth set-up for which those that took part paid to play and manage. Both managers, I was one, got a jacket with their initials on whilst all the players were given full Lincoln City kits with their names on the shirts. Is there a problem with that? Should I ask you whether I can wear it or not?

Steve O'Dare - 22/12/2015 17:55

Always the player in a situation such as this. Did you see his "effort" at Boreham Wood?

No but to be fair I did hear it was very poor. Have all the players last night been tapped up? Hopefully Power has.

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 17:59

Steve O'Dare - 22/12/2015 17:53

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 17:46

Results?
Drawn 2 and lost 1.

Good enough?
Could have been better. Would there have been a difference if Hearn had played? Neither you nor I know that. If he had stayed would he have been selected as he didn't want to be here?

I think there's a fine line between weak (not keen on that term) and decisive.

For me, he shouldn't have been allowed to leave given the short notice.

Luke Imp - 23/12/2015 08:53

I think there's a fine line between weak (not keen on that term) and decisive.

For me, he shouldn't have been allowed to leave given the short notice.
That is a fair comment but what would have happened if he had stayed? Was the manager not decisive in allowing him to go as he obviously didn't want to be at LCFC?

Skip155 - 22/12/2015 18:01

Steve O'Dare - 22/12/2015 17:55

No but to be fair I did hear it was very poor. Have all the players last night been tapped up? Hopefully Power has.

Hearn was indeed shocking against Boreham Wood. One can only imagine what his attitude would have been like if he didn't get his move.
We can only dream that Power has been tapped up...

If we'd have said no to the loan i don't believe Hearn would have downed tools for the season: He's in a position in his career where he simply can't afford to do that.

Personally i have my suspicions that CM didn't have any option, ie it was contractual. To have a policy where any player can declare themselves 'unhappy' and be free to leave is madness, and asking for future trouble.

What do you mean by contractual? Like an appearance clause where he had to give a decision on whether to extend (he left us on 19 appearances I think?)?

I’d be hugely surprised if, given the gamble he was, we’ve allowed him so much power in that respect. It should be a Club decision.

Totally agree with SOD......I have no idea as to the reason that Hearn wanted to leave but as soon as CM was informed then there was no point in forcing him to stay. If a player has no desire and his heart isn't in it then there is no way he will give a 100%.
I don't think Hearn will play for the Imps again....time to move on and find a suitable replacement in January.

Luke Imp - 23/12/2015 10:45

What do you mean by contractual? Like an appearance clause where he had to give a decision on whether to extend (he left us on 19 appearances I think?)?

I’d be hugely surprised if, given the gamble he was, we’ve allowed him so much power in that respect. It should be a Club decision.

Maybe something like that, maybe something different, I'm only speculating really.

As you say, his signing was a gamble and I think CM said the club was 'protected' against his injuries. I think it was a contract more complicated than the norm and could well have had some get out for the player as a compromise for the get out for the club.

It's all speculation on my part though.

ImpfromWashy - 23/12/2015 11:12

Totally agree with SOD......I have no idea as to the reason that Hearn wanted to leave but as soon as CM was informed then there was no point in forcing him to stay. If a player has no desire and his heart isn't in it then there is no way he will give a 100%.
I don't think Hearn will play for the Imps again....time to move on and find a suitable replacement in January.

It's an assumption, though, that he had 'no desire to be here' etc as has been speculated a few times. None of us, i presume, know the actual situation.

SIMJON - 23/12/2015 11:29

ImpfromWashy - 23/12/2015 11:12

It's an assumption, though, that he had 'no desire to be here' etc as has been speculated a few times. None of us, i presume, know the actual situation.
Okay. To put it another way. He had a much stronger desire to be playing at Barrow than at Lincoln. If not he would not have gone would he?