Under Contract 2016/17 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Under Contract 2016/17

On Hearn, would an experienced manager have let him go? Perhaps not, however, for me the biggest issue is the fact that Moyses is a proper supporter of the club - he seemed to take Hearn wanting to leave as a personal insult to himself and the club he loves and in doing so has probably made Hearn returning impossible. The 'Grimsby-itis' comment said it all. I love that the manager is so passionate and is doing his absolute best for the club, but I do wonder whether a less emotional, more 'business-like' decision from a slightly more neutral, experienced manager may have resulted in a different outcome.
In terms of this thread, who would we like to see offered extensions of those out of contract at the end of the season?

Steve O'Dare - 23/12/2015 12:17

SIMJON - 23/12/2015 11:29

ImpfromWashy - 23/12/2015 11:12

Totally agree with SOD......I have no idea as to the reason that Hearn wanted to leave but as soon as CM was informed then there was no point in forcing him to stay. If a player has no desire and his heart isn't in it then there is no way he will give a 100%.
I don't think Hearn will play for the Imps again....time to move on and find a suitable replacement in January.

It's an assumption, though, that he had 'no desire to be here' etc as has been speculated a few times. None of us, i presume, know the actual situation.
Okay. To put it another way. He had a much stronger desire to be playing at Barrow than at Lincoln. If not he would not have gone would he?

He obviously chose to move, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd have stopped trying/thrown a strop etc if he hadn't.

"In terms of this thread, who would we like to see offered extensions of those out of contract at the end of the season?"

Howe and Stanley I'd definitely offer extensions to.

SIMJON - 23/12/2015 12:33

Steve O'Dare - 23/12/2015 12:17

SIMJON - 23/12/2015 11:29

ImpfromWashy - 23/12/2015 11:12

Totally agree with SOD......I have no idea as to the reason that Hearn wanted to leave but as soon as CM was informed then there was no point in forcing him to stay. If a player has no desire and his heart isn't in it then there is no way he will give a 100%.
I don't think Hearn will play for the Imps again....time to move on and find a suitable replacement in January.

It's an assumption, though, that he had 'no desire to be here' etc as has been speculated a few times. None of us, i presume, know the actual situation.
Okay. To put it another way. He had a much stronger desire to be playing at Barrow than at Lincoln. If not he would not have gone would he?

He obviously chose to move, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd have stopped trying/thrown a strop etc if he hadn't.
A 50/50 call at best and probably worse odds than that!

Re Stanley - I absolutely see the value in what he brings to the team, but in an ideal world we'd upgrade to a newer model who is both quicker over the ground and isn't knackered after 70 minutes. If however we are still doing our shopping in Poundland then he may be a good as we get and therefore worth another year.

Mattytindraws - 23/12/2015 13:53

Re Stanley - I absolutely see the value in what he brings to the team, but in an ideal world we'd upgrade to a newer model who is both quicker over the ground and isn't knackered after 70 minutes. If however we are still doing our shopping in Poundland then he may be a good as we get and therefore worth another year.

You are right about poundland we have been shopping there and there is an awful lot of overpriced tat in poundland that needs throwing out.

Imping - 23/12/2015 13:58

Mattytindraws - 23/12/2015 13:53

You are right about poundland we have been shopping there and there is an awful lot of overpriced tat in poundland that needs throwing out.

To continue the analogy, not so much overpriced as crap quality.

God if this squad is full of over priced tat then what must we have been fielding for the past 4 seasons ?

There are a couple of players Tempest perhaps Muldoon that I'd be happy with a conditional offering being made for next season. The condition being we make the POs this season.

On Hearn, there is no wrong or right answer. CM could have said no to a loan and then had a hostage that poisoned the team spirit and got paid for not playing. This story isn't over yet as currently Hearn is contracted to return to us in Jan. We shall see.

Stevie_imp - 23/12/2015 15:21

God if this squad is full of over priced tat then what must we have been fielding for the past 4 seasons ?

There are a couple of players Tempest perhaps Muldoon that I'd be happy with a conditional offering being made for next season. The condition being we make the POs this season.

On Hearn, there is no wrong or right answer. CM could have said no to a loan and then had a hostage that poisoned the team spirit and got paid for not playing. This story isn't over yet as currently Hearn is contracted to return to us in Jan. We shall see.

My impression was of players bought since relegation. Generally speaking I think Chris did really well in the Summer.

If CM and Hearn can sort this out for the good and benefit of the club and Hearn is willing to do everything he can to get us promoted then all well and good for everyone involved.
And obviously if Hearn does score a lot of goals until the end of the season, other teams will come in for him and he will get his move away from City.
But a lot of if's and but's to come yet. :argue:

Wouldn't have Hearn back

As for the ones under contract would say it's time to lose power and beevers in the summer

jal jal - 23/12/2015 15:39

If CM and Hearn can sort this out for the good and benefit of the club and Hearn is willing to do everything he can to get us promoted then all well and good for everyone involved.
And obviously if Hearn does score a lot of goals until the end of the season, other teams will come in for him and he will get his move away from City.
But a lot of if's and but's to come yet. :argue:

And it won't be long until we find out.