Under Armour - no more | Page 5 | Vital Football

Under Armour - no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw these on Instagram, so that’s why I’m another thread I thought we might be off back to Nike. All three are great designs, I really like that third kit -would look great in black with some steel grey.

Although the quality of the last Nike kits were awful and unless were a top partner I wouldn’t want us going back as we’ll get the off the shelf kit

Handling in house you remove the need to overprice the shirts so the manufacturer can offset their sponsorship investment.

Villa probably get in real terms 15-20 quid per 50 quid selling price.

Remove the middle man and handle yourself, drop prices to 40 (capitalise on more fans buying at that price and take 25-30 per shirt instead and it's a nice increase, subject to added complications when things go round and we could previously blame manufacturer at no cost to ourselves.

Eek out an extra 5% from every revenue source and we have ourselves the cash for another Gabby each season :hmmm:

Bristol City have theirs done ‘in house’ by Bristol Sport, the umbrella company for the football, basketball and rugby teams owned by Stephen Lansdown. Not a bad kit tbf

How many people buy replica kits worldwide?

If we sell 100,000 at £20 profit margin, does it seriously impact our revenues? I have absolutely no idea how many kits we sell so don't get me wrong, it all helps, but this is helping at the margins IMHO. Find 5-10 ways of adding £2m to revenues and we are starting to get somewhere.

I just spent £35 on a kit for a 3 year old.

£35!!!! With only 3 games of the season left and the kit soon to be out of date! £35!!!

1957 F.A. CUP final kit a thing of beauty,having said that I am an old git so I will leave it to the guys who have to market it.

So if I pop down to the club shop tomorrow I can buy kit for peanuts as its all obsolete in 3 weeks.

A collaboration between Nike and designed by Luke roper head of Birmingham fashion House Luke1977.

Just saw that on Twitter pvb

Could be interesting, as it won't be designed by Nike just mass-produced. That'll be a good thing as most of their efforts when doing our kits were generic stock templates.

I have no idea who Luke Roper is though, or what Birmingham Fashion House are all about

Possibly .The stuff on there looks pricey anyway so if true I don't think the shirts would be that much cheaper.

It Was a link I found today. Sounds interesting. Just a thought regarding kit, would it not be a good idea for clubs to show designs for new kit and let fans vote on what they like best as they are the ones buying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.