Under Armour - no more | Page 4 | Vital Football

Under Armour - no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting idea.

The mark up on the shirts must be enormous , especially if they were manufactured in China.

Be nice if we used a local British company rather than lining the pockets of the big boys , just to satisfy the egos of the corporate loving fanboys

be summat knockoff from a Chinese market stall
bit like those authentic abidas or nuke tops you can get
prob in a fetching purple or pink.

Why not?

Its a different, innovative idea.
Be interesting to see what happens.
No doubt there will be a load of experts on kit manufacturing on here saying what an horrendous idea and how its a sign of the club in financial meltdown.

Go for it
Everyone ridiculed Henson yet it's probably the most valuable and sought after old kit we have , adults good condition tops can fetch £200
Let's break the mould again .

Why not?

Its a different, innovative idea.
Be interesting to see what happens.
No doubt there will be a load of experts on kit manufacturing on here saying what an horrendous idea and how its a sign of the club in financial meltdown.

Yes and some will be blaming Bruce.

Everyone ridiculed Henson yet it's probably the most valuable and sought after old kit we have , adults good condition tops can fetch £200

How bizarre.

Arguably the worst Villa kit in history, why anyone would want any reminder of it, let alone pay top dollar, is totally beyond me :shake:

Hang on, isn't it the manufacturer that pays the clubs, not the other way round? That way the firm gets regular exposure in return for making the kit. Surely no clubs would bother with sponsorship deals if they had to pay?

Hang on, isn't it the manufacturer that pays the clubs, not the other way round? That way the firm gets regular exposure in return for making the kit. Surely no clubs would bother with sponsorship deals if they had to pay?

Exactly. The deal with UA (and every other kit supplier) is that they pay us by providing the kit and the hoodies, hats, etc. with their logo plastered all over it. That's the point of sponsorship as you say.

If the deal is now off, it's not because we don't have enough money. I thought that was very odd when is was mooted a few days ago. It would suggest an issue at the UA end rather than ours.

Out of pure coincidence right before the Under Armour deal ended I made some Villa kit concepts if we were to get promoted to the Premier League. Wondering what you guys think of these, I'm planning on redesigning some of the retro kits as well on my Instagram @socialgraphic. I know some people are not keen on the make being Nike but it was the first brand that came to mind at the time. Thanks, UTV!

Villa Home IG.png
Villa Away IG.png
Villa Third IG.png

No problem with it being made ‘in house’, of course someone will have to make it so it won’t be ‘in house’ at all, it’ll be tailor made at least rather than a Nike, Adidas etc. template. Hopefully the colours will be bang on and maybe they might even consult the fans (Season ticket holders/members so other fans can’t vote for the worst one in big numbers) on designs they have. I remember years ago West Brom did theirs ‘in house’ and where the Nike swoosh would be on a Nike kit it said ‘The Baggies’, something similar would be good.

I'm sure the Dr will find some Chinese sweatshop to manufacture it for around 50p a shirt.
Guaranteed to fall apart after one wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.