Under 23's | Page 2 | Vital Football

Under 23's

U getting ur claim in early lol

Well I reckon being taught by u will make or break him :fish:

In fairness, that's not exactly true as I didn't actually teach him for history, he was in the year group I ran so I knew him though pastoral and careers work. This was at the time when forest were picking him up seriously. I wish him all the best, his attitude to the sport was first class.

In fairness, that's not exactly true as I didn't actually teach him for history, he was in the year group I ran so I knew him though pastoral and careers work. This was at the time when forest were picking him up seriously. I wish him all the best, his attitude to the sport was first class.

let's hope so- i like the fact we are looking to add experience to the first team but watching the kids develop has been the best thing about forest for the last 3 seasons or more. I think the attitude of the kids at forest comes across as first class (who knows behind the scenes) and we need that type to be at the heart of the club instead of mercenary don't give one types.

let's hope arvin gets and chance and takes it

I went and tbh Bolton were much better than us, no player really took shine. Iacovitti should probably be released as he's not good enough.

Best player for us was Johnson who is only 16.

Possibly the most disappointing performance I’ve seen from one of our academy teams.
Odd selection I thought with 2 very good full backs on the bench in Richardson & Preston with Ahmedzovich ( surely a centre half or midfielder and strangely lethargic tonight ) & Iacovitti ( a centre half by trade & not at the races tonight ) picked ahead of them. Once the 2 younger players were given their opportunity in the last quarter we looked to have half a chance.
And we also missed Appiah ( with England Under 17’s ) & Ariyibi ( who played well in the semi against Palace by all accounts ) out wide.
Clutching at straws really since Bolton were just bigger, stronger, better on the night.
PS thought their No10 was way out of line taking the piss out of Holmes & Cohen after their second goal.
PPS just have to get retribution on Sunday.

"Bolton were just bigger, stronger, better on the night."

Agreed, and Forest not good enough. Felt sorry for Gomis second half as he waited in vain for the ball to come to him. We'd knock it about at the back for 5 minutes, then Iacovitti would launch it onto the head of one of their big defenders, yards away from Gomis who looked good whenever he did get a sniff.

But we did pull a goal back, and hit the post when it looked like we'd equalise.

Ref was appalling. First Forest booking was fair enough, second was highly dubious, and despite several cynical fouls no Bolton players were booked. Linesman in front of main stand 2nd half kept his flag down when their player was maybe ten yards offside, and one of the two gave Bolton a throw after their clearance from a Forest attack - a decision which had everyone gobsmacked.

Towards the end it got silly - Bolton free kicks for Bolton fouls. Apparently Bossin was shown a red after the final whistle for confronting the ref - well, someone needed to.

Let's hope we send them down on Sunday, as despite their quality they did all the nasty niggly things you'd expect. Their second goal came after their player stood a yard away from our free kick and the ref let it go. Our casual No. 8 then lost the ball and they swept forward to score.