Under 23's | Vital Football

Under 23's

mao tse tung

Vital Champions League
The under 23 side secured a place in next weeks Professional Development League Final after thrashing Crystal Palace one nil after extra time.

Virgil Gomis scored the winner in the first period of extra time latching on to a through ball from Ariyibi; Gomis left his marker for dead, chipped the keeper, running round him to finish from a yard out.

They now go on to meet Bolton in the decider.

I don't know that much about the U23 league. What is this final? Is it like a playoff for who wins the league? Is there any benefit to winning the league, other than for the sake of winning it?

The Development league is split into two divisions, the top two in each division then compete in a play off format to decide the overall winner.

Yes, both finalists this season are from the Northern division.

Apparently Aryibi had a great game; there may be a future for him after all.

Wouldn't mind being there myself but in lieu of that perhaps some one (Pope perhaps ) would think about a bit of detail. Feel sure I'm not the only one with an interest.

If Pope doesn't fancy it I will post a report; problem is that it will most probably be the following day after the drive home.

There is a player who is attracting big interest from a good few PL clubs who did not play last night.

His name is Arvin Appiah who is one of the U18 players who has featured for the U23s
Thanks Mao I have seen the name mentioned but don’t know much about him.

Good to hear news our u23s etc too.

Wouldn't mind being there myself but in lieu of that perhaps some one (Pope perhaps ) would think about a bit of detail. Feel sure I'm not the only one with an interest.

I'm afraid I'm not the man for the job. I've been to two youth games ever I think and what I know about our youth team could fit on the back of a stamp.

I taught one of them, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Happy to pass this baton to someone who knows what they are doing