Under 23s | Page 2 | Vital Football

Under 23s

Dickson-Peters signs new deal. I think/hope he'll be in the first team next season.

Also, Flynn Clarke looks a good player and I think he could be the next player to come in - I think the club will loan him though. He had a lot of admirers before we got him too. He will not want to be sitting around. He'll be 20 this year and has had the tast of first team football with Peterborough

U23s won 2-1 last night against Burnley

Zimmermann made his return making 45 minutes before going off (that was the plan).

Kamara score both goals and now has 12 goals for u23s. Interesting that we are trying to convert forward Giurgi into a right back. The club has no right backs I guess.

U23s won 2-1 last night against Burnley

Zimmermann made his return making 45 minutes before going off (that was the plan).

Kamara score both goals and now has 12 goals for u23s. Interesting that we are trying to convert forward Giurgi into a right back. The club has no right backs I guess.

They try players in different positions as they may surprisingly be better than in their normal position. Remember Lewis was converted from a right winger to a left back. Was Springett playing?

Last edited:
U23s lost to villa u23s 2-0

Tzolis, kabak and Rowe all played.

I do wonder if the kabak loan should have been cancelled (if possible) in Jan for us to use the loan for another position.

U23s lost to villa u23s 2-0

Tzolis, kabak and Rowe all played.

I do wonder if the kabak loan should have been cancelled (if possible) in Jan for us to use the loan for another position.
Probably mate. He's not prem quality. Too many mistakes in him.

McCracken has signed a new long deal until summer of 2024.

I suspect this could mean end for oxborough. We have Krul, Gunn, McGovern, McCracken, oxborough and Mair. Will Krul and McGovern still be here next season?

I expect McCracken to get a loan move next season too.

Dickson-Peters signs new deal. I think/hope he'll be in the first team next season.

Not scoring goals in league One, so I dont think he is ready yet. For some of these youngsters it takes a few years to be ready for the first team. Others progress quicker.

u23s lost 2-1 to brum. Rowe was an unused sub.

U18 player Harry Brooke has signed his second pro deal with us. Club must have hopes for him as he is even getting game time with the U23s. We signed him from Millwall in 2020. A defensive midifelder....get him in :-)

U23s lost on penalties to wolves tonight in their u23 premiership 2 playoff semi final..

5-4 on penalties.

Mumba, Rowe, springett and Tompkinson all played. Tompkinson went off Injured.

I see Ipswich have taken another of our coaches. They do like to take coaches from us.

Our head of academy coaching Dean Wright will take the role of ipswich new academy manager.

Maybe Smith brining in a new chap and he decided to leave

I also see the ink un ha e put out an article on the failed Webber academy signings and the increasing list.

I see Ipswich have taken another of our coaches. They do like to take coaches from us.

Our head of academy coaching Dean Wright will take the role of ipswich new academy manager.

Maybe Smith brining in a new chap and he decided to leave
Yep for sure.

The forgotten men Soto, Famewo, Omotoye and dickson-peters were back today and training with the first team

Is this to get them fit to then sell/Loan, for Smith to have a look at them, for them to play tonight as he doesn't want to risk his main players, or is it the fact he can't buy anyone do he is now having to go to players he would rather move on?

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see Soto and Famewo. Omotoye I didn't see much in the games he played.

I think Smith would want to have a look at Famewo as he was close to the first team squad under Farke and we need a natural left sided centre back.

Furthermore he may want to see how Dickson Peters and Omotoye are progressing.

As for Soto.............

U23s thrashed 6-0 against an MK Dons XI

To be fair our u23 side is depleted.

McCracken played after his injury for Southend. But was replaced by Mair after 30 minutes.

Springett played for 75 minutes. Rowe played for 61. So I'm guessing both will not travel to France.

Idah played for 40 minutes.