Under 23s | Vital Football

Under 23s

formbylatic

Vital Squad Member
Won again tonight and now top of the PL Cup league table. V impressive and I just wish we could import some of their spirit into our first team!

Get shut of Cook and we may do. Not much hope untill then.

That wont happen Jeff.

If Cook is turfed out the new manager, whoever that might be, would not risk any untried players in the squad. It would set the youth set-up back a season as he would need to establish himself and his methods into the club system. He might risk Gelhardt, who is already in the squad but you can bet all the other talent in the U23 squad would be farmed out "to get experience".

That wont happen Jeff.

If Cook is turfed out the new manager, whoever that might be, would not risk any untried players in the squad. It would set the youth set-up back a season as he would need to establish himself and his methods into the club system. He might risk Gelhardt, who is already in the squad but you can bet all the other talent in the U23 squad would be farmed out "to get experience".

And any manager worth his salt would instantly realise we have some better, hungrier players in the youth set up than in the first team squad, probably only Cook and you that doesn't realise that!

Nothing wrong with the players Norm, just that any new manager coming in would be looking for an instant response and blooding new youth players would not be his priority. I certainly realise what talent we have in the youth teams and U23's as I have probably seen a lot more of them than yourself due to being retired and able to attend their games, but it doesn't alter the fact that a new manager would not take the risk.

Perhaps you don't realise the pressure a new guy would be under to succeed is more the like.

Really hopeful for the future, hope we bring these lads through eventually would be great for the club.