Under 23s and youth team. | Vital Football

Under 23s and youth team.

pvb1968

Vital 1st Team Regular
Watched the youth team last night and have watched the under 23s on youtube, I must say the standard seems very good so hopefully some of these lads will make the 1st team in the next few years.

We have some lively skilful young talents, hopefully with that bully boy tosser Ronald McDonald out the picture they could shine.

Watching the youth team is very entertaining but as someone else pointed out the other day, it’s nothing like the championship.

I would like to see one or two bedded into the first team slowly.

We seem to have said the right things again....when lads are 17/18 and start getting loan spells as opposed to waiting until they are 20-22 I'll believe it.

We've had some very strong youth teams over recent years though. Didnt we win the U18 equivalent of the Champions league a few years back. I think Grealish is the only one from that team to have done much, maybe a couple of the others still playing in the lower leagues.
Its a massive leap from that level to 1st team football

Ha, you ask him if he agrees with you now and he might say something different Villan57, one knee replacement later!

Mentioned this on the Andre Green thread.

This from the b.mail
"Purslow also explained players between the ages of 18 and 21 will be promoted to the first team 'at the expense of older players' - a change which should happen before the end of the current transfer window. "

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/aston-villa-sawiris-edens-purslow-15699969

So looks like the U23s are going to get real opportunities, one way or another.

If anyone has watched the U18s regularly can you tell me anything about Jacob Ramsey. A mate of mine tells me that he looks a proper footballer. A real prospect in midfield.