Under 23`s | Page 2 | Vital Football

Under 23`s

Christopher John has joined as a coach. I am guessing he will take over from Gill and be the U23 manager. The report says that he has signed up after Matt Gill left so it sounds that way. Plus he was involved with the SC Paderborn U21.

He is only 30!

Some chat that Christian Flüthmann is looking to leave as 1st team coach and John will replace him but that would still leave us short a U23 manager.

Interesting that Cantwell was left behind and didn't travel with the rest of the 1st team. Thompson, Morris and Jarvis went so why not Cantwell?

Any how Cantwell played for u23s tonight.

Oh and Jarvis was actually training today with the rest of the team...he was actually running. So he is fit but just can't play?

Drew 0-0 last night against Southampton.

Hanley played full 90 and oli played 60. Our young gk saved a penalty too.

I see we have loaned Devonte Aransibia to Billericay Town and on his first match he scored a hatrick in an 8-1 win in the Essex cup. They are in the old conference now known as the National League. The guy looks a beast and hopefully this will help him develop.

I see we have loaned Devonte Aransibia to Billericay Town and on his first match he scored a hatrick in an 8-1 win in the Essex cup. They are in the old conference now known as the National League. The guy looks a beast and hopefully this will help him develop.

Good news the lad needs to play regularly in a competitive league and that will help him develop. I hope he progresses to our first team squad.

:grinning:

Been confirmed that David Wright will step up from his u18 role to be the new U23 manager.

The club will now look for a new U18 manager.

u23s drew 2-2 with Wolfsburg u23s

We had a few senior players in the team:

Jarvis, McLean, Oliveira and Phillips.

Jarvis and McLean both got 45 minutes, Oli played 90 and Phillips got 75 minutes.

Oli scored the first and Spyrou scored late to salvage a draw.

DF was at the ground with his assistant. Maybe watching more young German players at Wolfsburg but also watching McLean I think. Power played very well and Spyrou seems to know where the net is.

No Idah. He is apparently injured but I did read a while back he had agreed to a contract with Spurs...or was it United so maybe he isn't being played?

Jarvis looks like a Sunday league player in the pictures. But agreed if he can be loaned out in January that would be great. McLean is a great player to add to the mix along with Hanley and later Thompson and Morris.

On the u23s I see we have loaned our young left back Caleb Richards to FC United. I missed that one.

Hanley played the whole game, making me think that he could return at the weekend and McLean played for 73 minutes.
Adam Idah was a 66th min substitute.
McLean will be like a new signing in January. Bodes well.

Here’s the full team sheet that drew 1-1 with Sunderland last night.

Norwich U23s: McGovern; Odusina (C), Hanley, Jones, Thomas; Payne, Milovanovic (Phillips 66); Scully, McLean (Kamal 73), Coley (Idah 66); Spyrou. Subs: Johnson (GK), Lomas