Under 23`s | Page 5 | Vital Football

Under 23`s

We have signed Josh Martin from Arsenal.

He said

I’m really happy, it’s a very big opportunity for me. I’m delighted to be here, and it’s the best move I could have had. I had been at Arsenal since I was eight, so since I was very young.
I came here because they (City) are giving young players opportunities, and they are a team on the up so I think that’s the best opportunity you can get. The environment is really good here, I get along with my team-mates really well, there’s a lot of chemistry in the team and I think we can play well together. Colney is really nice and the new building is going to be built as well, so I can’t wait to see that. At the moment I’m just getting used to things'

He is an attacking midfielder but can also play on the left wing.

Another former Luton lad.

We have signed Josh Martin from Arsenal.

He said

I’m really happy, it’s a very big opportunity for me. I’m delighted to be here, and it’s the best move I could have had. I had been at Arsenal since I was eight, so since I was very young.
I came here because they (City) are giving young players opportunities, and they are a team on the up so I think that’s the best opportunity you can get. The environment is really good here, I get along with my team-mates really well, there’s a lot of chemistry in the team and I think we can play well together. Colney is really nice and the new building is going to be built as well, so I can’t wait to see that. At the moment I’m just getting used to things'

He is an attacking midfielder but can also play on the left wing.

Another former Luton lad.
“I came here because they are giving young players opportunities and they are a team on the up”

Just goes to show that Farke’s youth policy is not going unnoticed among young players and their agents. I love that “they are a team on the up.”

Imagine joining the Binners instead.
' I came here as they are a team going down and I cannot wait until they move away from the ground as it is crap and they do not even own it '.
:grinning:

Last night I watched some MLS and saw our own Caleb Richards playing for Tampa. He is doing well and looks like a player who hasn't played his first two pro games recently. I wonder if he is going to get a push. A left back normally but now playing as a left central defender in a back 3. Funny as he has done an interview too a few hours after I watched MLS games.

U23 lost 4-1 to saints today.

Couple of good things...

.Fonkeu returned after a long injury and scored.
Morris also returned and played 45 minutes. Hopefully he will stay fit and get a few minutes before the end of the season

Adrian Forbes has left his role within the Academy. He has just completed his diploma in football coaching and is now class A registered so it is a shame he has decided to leave. Maybe going to get more involved in the kick it out movement or try his hand a coaching.

Good to hear young defender Caleb Richards is doing well out in America. Played almost every game for them this season and got in the team of the week. I've seen him twice and he looks a good backup for us when he comes back.

Congrats to Caleb Richards who has been voted the United Soccer League's Championship Fans' Choice Mid-Season Awards.

So a few names missing from the U23 travelling squad:

NCFC U23s' travelling squad: Archie Mair (GK), Billy Johnson (GK), Rob Nizet, Jordan Thomas, Louis Lomas, Akin Famewo, Isak Thorvaldsson, Saul Milovanovic, Dan Adshead, Tom Scully, Alfie Payne, William Hondermarck, Gassan Ahadme, Miguel Mussel Quintais (trialist), Shae Hutchinson, Aidan Fitzpatrick

Oxborough (who might be with the 1st team), Rocky Bushiri, Timi Odusina, Charlie Gilmour and Anthony Spyrou.

The u23s will have the following group in the EFL Trophy:

Group B
Crawley Town
Portsmouth
Oxford United
Norwich

Highly rated Portuguese forward Miguel Mussel Quintais currently on trial. He was playing for the same side as Rocky Bushiri last season.