Unbelievable Jeff!!!! | Vital Football

Unbelievable Jeff!!!!

dazza71

Alert Team
Possibly the best we have played all season for an hour then a side that has only conceded 10 goals in 21 games before kick off concedes 3 in the last 30 minutes.

I'm still shaking my head as to how we threw away the three points away today.

Its difficult listening to the post match interviews as the continual translation does tend to get on your nerves after a while, however it seems that Bielsa was aware that set pieces and long throws would cause us an issue and worked out a plan to counteract, it worked to a point after a tactical change in the 2nd half, but seems to have misfired when Bamford was subbed and the youngster bought on in defence.

Having said that, we were 3-1 up when the first sub was made and I could only see us adding to the score, not conceding another 2 goals.

Plus side, we are 11 games unbeaten and wins against Fulham and Preston will get us back on track.

We walked out of the ground bemused, and shocked, but we wasn’t as down beat as you would expect, ,for the most part ,it was one of the best performances we have seen for a long long while ,so I am putting down as another point gained & hopefully learned a few things ,onward and upward.

I think it would have been better keeping Bamford on and instructing him to play deeper adding height and power at the back ,hindsight,,!,,,!

I thought we had learnt some game management recently but back to our bad old ways. However wom 8 and drawn 3 in the last 11 is promotion form. As Oyper says perhaps it will give us a dose of realism and make sure we don't start an indifferent run like last year. We need the pack below to stay as a pack and keep beating each other as they have been.