Ukraine tonight. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ukraine tonight.

Absolute garbage! .......and as for Channel 4's coverage. :sleep:

One incident summed that up.
Second half late on Philips fouls an Italian defender a second before someone strikes the ball and the Italian keeper makes a stunning save. Absolutely no mention of the save just sarky comments about the Italian "diving". Seriously these mongs shouldn't get work stacking shelves in Aldi.

Second half late on Philips fouls an Italian defender a second before someone strikes the ball and the Italian keeper makes a stunning save. Absolutely no mention of the save just sarky comments about the Italian "diving". Seriously these mongs shouldn't get work stacking shelves in Aldi.
The incident that summed it up perfectly for me was I fell asleep :sleep:

Yes I thought the same. I also wondered why there wasn't a male presenter/ interviewer in sight before the 2 commentators appeared at kick off but got a warm glow seeing how they'd balanced out the dreary pundit that is Owen with an equally dreary female pundit (I've not a foggy who she is). I nearly spilt mi brew though at half time when Channel 4 went across to the 100% male dominated sport that is Formula One for an update to be greeted by yet another screechy woman. Just what C4 are trying to achieve I don't know but (just like when they had the league football), it's a boring shambles.

Last edited:
Yes I thought the same. I also wondered why there wasn't a male presenter/ interviewer in sight before the 2 commentators appeared at kick off but got a warm glow seeing how they'd balanced out the dreary pundit that is Owen with an equally dreary female pundit (I've not a foggy who she is). I nearly spilt mi brew though at half time when Channel 4 went across to the 100% male dominated sport that is Formula One for an update to be greeted by yet another screechy woman. Just what C4 are trying to achieve I don't know but (just like when the had the league football), it's a boring shambles.
I used to like C4's Racing coverage and when Gazza was playing in Italy their coverage of the Italian league was good but i agree this England coverage has been POOR and i'm being kind just calling it poor Gray mi owd pal. UTB

I used to like C4's Racing coverage and when Gazza was playing in Italy their coverage of the Italian league was good but i agree this England coverage has been POOR and i'm being kind just calling it poor Gray mi owd pal. UTB
I'm more concerned with the players and the result than the daft commentary
from any TV channel Rod. Even worse on radio.

I'm more concerned with the players and the result than the daft commentary
from any TV channel Rod. Even worse on radio.
Yes i agree England have been poor in this Nations league comp or whatever it's called but the tv coverage is POOR in my view Chippy. UTB

Loved their coverage of Italian football. Also believe it or not their superb coverage of American Football. The pundits were all ex top NFL players/coaches who explained rules and plays so someone like me who understood about 10% of what was going on got a lot from watching and huge enjoyment from learning .

Can you imagine the twats like Michelle Richturd, German Defile and the women who just totter about on the touchline in high heels and cocktail dresses for fucks sake actually talking detail, tactics and the like. Too busy giigling and fluttering eyelashes at the suited ex no mark twat next to them.

I don't care if the presenters and pundits are male or female (can I say that now?) or what nationality or colour they are and I don't give a monkeys about their religion of choice. All I ask is for them to be reasonably knowledgable of the sport they are presenting (hopefully in the case of the pundits having participated it at that level) and have a legible pleasing voice. If they're entertaining as well it's a bonus. In the case of cricket I could listen to Holding, Warne and Bumble all day long. The C4 coverage reminds me of cats fighting in a backyard over dog meat!

My favourite common potaters ...
John Motson.
Kenneth Wostenhome.
Peter Allis.
Richie Benaud.
John Arlott.
Bumble.
Michael Holding.
Brian Moore.
David Coleman.
Michael Johnson.
John McEnroe.
Sid Waddell lol
Eddie Waring.
Bill McLaren.

My favourite common potaters ...
John Motson.
Kenneth Wostenhome.
Peter Allis.
Richie Benaud.
John Arlott.
Bumble.
Michael Holding.
Brian Moore.
David Coleman.
Michael Johnson.
John McEnroe.
Sid Waddell lol
Eddie Waring.
Bill McLaren.
All good choices. Sid's a riot. I'd definitely have Warney in there as well for the entertainment factor and I'd add Peter Alliss, Murray Walker, Ted Lowe and John Arlott.

Last edited:
All good choices. Sid's a riot. I'd definitely have Warney in there as well for the entertainment factor and I'd add Peter Alliss, Murray Walker, Ted Lowe and Jim Arlott.
Peter O'Sullivan was the best Racing commentator i've ever heard,wonderful voice and when he said a Horse was making significant progress you knew it was going to be close to winning the race.I used to like Martin Tyler before he joined Sky but now it's just cliche after cliche from him. When they made him say sorry for saying the Ukraine keeper in the Wales game would soldier on after being injured,well that just made me think WTF has happened to the world. UTB

Last edited:
I’d add Jim maxwell the Aussie who guests regularly on TMS when we play them and I miss Geoffrey and his sticks of rhubarb