Ukraine Crisis | Page 6 | Vital Football

Ukraine Crisis

I bet that scared them!
I picked up that she was implying there is a wider threat to Europe not just Ukraine. I am also hearing the Ukraine president and a Mayor asking for a no fly zone and supply of aircraft to fight against Russia. This could as has been warned escalate into a world war.
I don't necessarily see it that way as any intervention would be to defend Ukraine not attack Russia.

Serbia, a close part of the brotherhood of slav's; when everyone else is shutting down flights to Russia, they're doubling there state carriers every week...it's also clear that already they're helping the Russians in the banking sector - at least the uptick in tarnsactions from there tends to suggest.

Serbia are a 'nominal' democracy, but are more like an autocracy, they did hope to join the EU as full members in 2025...suspect that's not going to happen now.

Never ceases to amaze me how petty minded and pathetic communist dictators can be, China are apparently banning the broadcast of PL games this weekend owing to the showing of support for Ukraine.

Never ceases to amaze me how petty minded and pathetic communist dictators can be, China are apparently banning the broadcast of PL games this weekend owing to the showing of support for Ukraine.

It's a warning shot. If the Ukraine supporting nations and businesses can shut Russia down economically, China is showing what it can do. The latest popular weapon. Starve them of cash. Although many have tried this before there has never been a time when so many different factions within nations and on an international level have united to isolate one nation.

Quite something to watch. :thumbup:

Of course that does nothing to roll back the EU's expansionist policies which Britain bailed on.

Good question on BBC news website.....why doesn't Ukraine attack the static convoy ?
Some suggestions are lack of air power against the Russians aircraft. Or shortage of ammunition capable of destroying armoured vehicles.
Either way, give them the hardware, the convoy has been there a week !!

Good question on BBC news website.....why doesn't Ukraine attack the static convoy ?
Some suggestions are lack of air power against the Russians aircraft. Or shortage of ammunition capable of destroying armoured vehicles.
Either way, give them the hardware, the convoy has been there a week !!
Just been taking about it on the news, apparently it's partly due to bridges being destroyed deliberately to slow them down. It is claimed that the Ukranian air force is still largely intact but they may be keeping them in reserve to hit the convoy at a more appropriate point. They have been making some ground attacks on the convoy it's said.

Ukraine president has criticised Nato for ruling out a no fly zone. He says it gives the green light for Putin to carry on. Like I said I'm struggling with this..... sacrificing the few to save the many.....is it right ?

Ukraine president has criticised Nato for ruling out a no fly zone. He says it gives the green light for Putin to carry on. Like I said I'm struggling with this..... sacrificing the few to save the many.....is it right ?
It's easy for him to say that because his country is already at war. That said, it is such a difficult situation, it breaks my heart to see the wanton destruction of innocent people's lives and homes and sincerely wish there was a way of stopping it without starting a world war. I just hope that when it is over Putin and his cronies are hunted down and made to pay for their crimes against humanity.

I only managed to read part if the article before it asked me to subscribe. But I picked up that Russia was against Ukraine joining NATO and the EU.
If Ukraine was allowed to join both or either, it would be bound by their rules so would not be allowed to attack Russia.
Russias motivation for being against Ukraine joining could be for just the reason they are trying to occupy now. Because they know NATO and the EU will hold off escalating it to an all out war.

Residential areas are being bombarded, apartment blocks demolished. Putin said he would only attack military targets.
Ukraine is crying out for aircraft, air defence systems and other hardware. If a country is supplying military hardware and support is it not complicit anyway in Russias eyes ?

I only managed to read part if the article before it asked me to subscribe. But I picked up that Russia was against Ukraine joining NATO and the EU.
If Ukraine was allowed to join both or either, it would be bound by their rules so would not be allowed to attack Russia.
Russias motivation for being against Ukraine joining could be for just the reason they are trying to occupy now. Because they know NATO and the EU will hold off escalating it to an all out war.
Putin and his cronies paint NATO as aggressors in order to justify their own ambition to re-annexe former USSR states. NATO is and always has been a defense organisation and it's charter only permits the defence of any member if attacked by an aggressor. Ukraine joining NATO would not be any threat to Russia but it doesn't suit Putins agenda to believe so.

Residential areas are being bombarded, apartment blocks demolished. Putin said he would only attack military targets.
Ukraine is crying out for aircraft, air defence systems and other hardware. If a country is supplying military hardware and support is it not complicit anyway in Russias eyes ?
Putin and his cronies blame the capitalist west for everything anyway. I understand NATO, the EU nations, and the US are only providing defensive weapons to Ukraine with which they can protect their citizens so it would be difficult for Russia to make a case that the west was aiding Ukranian aggression of any kind.

It's good to read that F1 team Haas has sacked it's Russian driver and ended it's sponsorship deals with his country's organisations. The rest of the world (China excepted) really has come together to isolate Russia as a pariah state.