Ukraine Crisis | Page 9 | Vital Football

Ukraine Crisis

25 missiles were fired into Ukraine from Belarus yesterday. Isn't Ukraine entitled to retaliate ( if they had the weapons) ?. Even if to take out the military source. Also should they not be firing missiles back at Russia ( if they had them ) ?
I can't see Israel for example standing for it.

The tables seem to be turning.

Long way to go still, but they have surpassed most (certainly mine) expectations of how long they could resist for, incredible really—they've really shown that Russian equipment, troops, and training isn't even second class but bottom of the class.

The Russians really have acted like Orcs; murderers, torturers, thieves and rapists, my wish now is that they humiliate the Russians and drive them into submission.

What is the desired outcome by Ukraine. Ideally drive the Russians out ? Does that mean Crimea and the areas previously controlled by Russia ?
What are the consequences if the Russians are driven out ? War crime trials etc ?

...world war three probably unless there is a coup and the Russians rise up against Putin...

A long way to go yet, but that resistance is building.

It's great to see these scum eating their own now.

Long may it continue and the whole country fall into chaos.

Never thought I'd end up wishing Wagner all the luck in the world with their stated objective of taking Moscow and all points in between.

It will probably fail, but fingers crossed!!

...world war three probably unless there is a coup and the Russians rise up against Putin...

The likelihood of a civil war is strengthening monthly. Putin is not a happy dictator. Given that Russian politicians can never trust each other, and Putin is surrounded by Russian politicians, he has every right to be concerned. The worry is that he becomes so isolated and frustrated that he decides to 'press the button' and go out in a blaze of glory .... a really big blaze, with more gory than glory.

The likelihood of a civil war is strengthening monthly. Putin is not a happy dictator. Given that Russian politicians can never trust each other, and Putin is surrounded by Russian politicians, he has every right to be concerned. The worry is that he becomes so isolated and frustrated that he decides to 'press the button' and go out in a blaze of glory .... a really big blaze, with more gory than glory.

Like most dictators coming to their end of life years, he's more worried about how posterity will treat him, and that doesn't happen if he presses the button!

Like most dictators coming to their end of life years, he's more worried about how posterity will treat him, and that doesn't happen if he presses the button!
But if he does press the button, posterity doesn't matter. There won't be many left to consider it. If he becomes mentally unbalanced (a point he has probably reached) he may just think, if I'm going, I'm taking everyone with me. People are funny like that.

What it does show, Though it's technically over, is that there are areas of discontent among the 'Russian Forces' all be it mercenaries.
If this ignites a spark in other areas of the Soviet states, we could see an end to this.
However instability in such a vast country isn't good for the world either.
Strange days indeed.

This is Russia Niall. History will tell us they couldn't give a flying **** so will in all likelihood continue down this path with gay abandon. Life is immaterial to the cronies in the Kremlin as we have already witnessed.

The war that was thought to end all wars did not do so. There have been countless wars across the globe since that time. But finally someone has put an end to war.
Putin may not be the most likable person on the planet but he deserves credit for doing what the 1914-1918 war could not. Thanks to him wars no longer exist. They have been replaced by Special Operations. I think we can all sigh with relief and be comforted by that.
Meanwhile, the war goes on!