UK Citizenship test | Vital Football

UK Citizenship test

I failed. Does that mean I'm gonna get deported?

I didn't even know there was a citizenship pledge, let alone the 2nd line of it.

I failed.

They shouldn't surely expect Johnny Foreigner to know history of the country, the language, the modern society etc would be more appropriate?

DeanoVilla - 22/4/2013 11:54

I failed. Does that mean I'm gonna get deported?

I didn't even know there was a citizenship pledge, let alone the 2nd line of it.

I guess that is the thing though, if we knew there was and we needed to know it,me would learn it.

That is ok.

But two camps on Hadrians wall for goodness sake! I got one of them though. Lol

I know yeah, it's daft.

I probably studied 'some' of those battles in GCSE history, but can't remember much of it. How would Johnny foreigner know stuff like that?

Still, I suppose everyones been asking for them to keep the boarders closed so making the test impossible is a good start :-)

A friend of ours who came here from Australia 6 years ago was given this this immigration test to swot up for. She read us alot of the questions and we were like uh eh what.

So in theory it sounds like a good idea but they get time to revise for it. So say they have to pass 20 questions there draft papers will give them 60 questions to revise for so they have a chance to know the answers before hand, so like everything else, the government/s do the principle is right but the implementation is crazy.

In this case it isn't even right. Being able to speak the language etc is far more important

I passed

79%

It says you are allowed 2 minutes per question, and I took 9 seconds per question. Does than mean you are meant to look up the answers? or is it just thinking/guessing time?

67% fail. But anyone making a genuine claim for citizenship should pass it easily with not much revision.

My mate had o go to Aston uni to do an English test for his Australian visa app. He was the only emigrant in the room, the rest were people doing the test fo uk citizenship. He told me that on the scale of marking he needed to ge a 10 or above for Australia, the uk applicants needed a 6.

I failed with 67%, some bloody stupid questions on there, WTF has Ellen Mcarthur (I got that right) doing on there??

Total rubbish nonsense, should I go now because I didn't know the names of ancient Roman forts along Emperor Hadrian's wall???

No, immigrants should be proving that they can support themselves financially in the country for say 2 years without any state help and that they are qualified and have skills that are useful to our country, not whether they have read that we joined the EEC in 1973.

:13:

failed at 67 percent and to be fair did rush through, but good news!! i am no longer an english citizen so will now hobble off to the nearest immigration centre and declare myself an asylum seeker and look forward to new house and on the piss for next 20 years.

badge73 - 22/4/2013 13:17

failed at 67 percent and to be fair did rush through, but good news!! i am no longer an english citizen so will now hobble off to the nearest immigration centre and declare myself an asylum seeker and look forward to new house and on the piss for next 20 years.

I dunno if it's a good thing but that really made me lol. :17:

badge73 - 22/4/2013 13:17

Is joining you too, however I won't be on the p*ss with you :10:

They must have tried this out on people first, my guess is on students who still have a lot of this knowledge fresh in their minds.

I'm not saying what score I got. Suffice to say it is at least 10% more than any of you got...!

:12: