UFC Thread | Page 119 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

So Conor has lost like 4 of his last 7 fights now. Is he done?

awful break, so hard to see him wanting to come back, with the wealth he has accumulated. But then, fighters have egos and none much bigger than his.

Anderson Silva came back from a similar, awful, break.

McGregor will want another pop at poirier I have no doubt at all.
Even on the floor, battered, completely nakered that is what he was hinting at.
But if Dustin now fights Charles and wins belt.... Which there is a good chance... Why would McGregor earn a title shot? In 5 years his only win was to an old old old cerrone.
But Dana loves him does he so wouldn't surprise me.
If Connor fights again. I want him to lose again. But lose bad enough for him to retire. I'm sick of the sight of him to be honest and sick of the casual fans who bum off him.

McGregor will want another pop at poirier I have no doubt at all.
Even on the floor, battered, completely nakered that is what he was hinting at.
But if Dustin now fights Charles and wins belt.... Which there is a good chance... Why would McGregor earn a title shot? In 5 years his only win was to an old old old cerrone.
But Dana loves him does he so wouldn't surprise me.
If Connor fights again. I want him to lose again. But lose bad enough for him to retire. I'm sick of the sight of him to be honest and sick of the casual fans who bum off him.
It would have been nice if that break occurred immediately after a leg kick from Dustin.

What a great fight, TJ v Sandhagen.

They don't come much better than that do they!?

2 years out and back meaning business. Can't see how it was a split decision either, but whatever!

Good grief Aldo is looking good right now, the drop down in weight is suiting him by the looks of it. Be a great story if he grabs the Bantamweight title.

Yes Aldo looking sharp. Very impressed. And hope he gets it too. Absolute UFC legend.
How scary is Gane? Huge bloke. Quick. Technical. Powerful. He is going to be an almighty force.
Can't wait to see him Vs Francis. That fight will be epic.

Woodley lost to Jake Paul last night, a travesty. I don't think he knew how point scoring in boxing worked. He could have overwhelmed Paul easily and he clattered him at one point. He should have went all out for the finish. Very sad.

Woodley lost to Jake Paul last night, a travesty. I don't think he knew how point scoring in boxing worked. He could have overwhelmed Paul easily and he clattered him at one point. He should have went all out for the finish. Very sad.

Just become a circus hasn't it? Read he has said he wants a re-match as he felt he'd won, and Jake Paul has said yes, if he gets his name tattooed on him. Please don't lower yourself to that sort of level for goodness sake!

Woodley has been a complete and utter has been for a loooong time.
A very long time.
This started with McGregor Vs Mayweather and it's just got worse and worse and worse.
Who is buying these fights? I don't get it.
If Jake Paul was a nice bloke I would say fair play to the lad. But he is just another swamp creature.

It's not really legit sport is it, 3 rounders, no drug testing etc, no merit to it. It's for the idiots who follow these stupid youtubers.

What I will say, please, MMA fighters, stop thinking you can box, you can't. Most of them have no serious boxing training and can't appear to take a shot from a proper boxer. Mayweather had a much. much bigger McGregor doing a silly dance in that fight before it was stopped.

Just stop, stay in your lane (the same applies the other way round too).

I do two different classes.
Thai boxing and normal boxing.
It may not seem it... But the two are worlds apart. Everything. The movement. The stance. The style. The overall objective.
Everything.
What I will say though... And this applies to the fight above...
A Thai boxer can get into the ring with a boxer and be competitive. If a boxer got into the ring with a Thai boxer it would not even be close.
Same as MMA Vs boxing.

Darren Till pretty much dominated last night. Overhyped or still learning I wonder!

Tom Aspinall looks outstanding though

Paddy Pimblett a bit reckless to start, but great win. Could do without ever hearing him talk again, lad, though I must admit lad, ok lad...!

Jack Shore looked very impressive as well.

Yes was a good card.
Paddy fights like a crazy man. With that style.... And in that crazy 155lb weight category... He fights like that too much longer he is getting knocked out stone cold. Imagine him fighting like that against Justin G? Not worth thinking about. So he has alot of work to do but exciting talent. Just needs to realise there is work to do. Because there is.
Aspinal looked very good. And a way more grounded guy. He is realistic and wants to climb the ladder slowly.
Enjoyable little show really.

Im going to make a statement below. I imagine it will be unpopular but I just can't help but think it.

Nick Diaz = very over rated.

Nick, possibly. Nate, no! lol

I think people like them because they seem to not give a shite and so are a bit different. Nate has such an awkward style. Nick seems to have been out for so long (or out of the UFC) ... not sure if he was resting, injured or just with another organisation?

Once again UFC showing it is head and shoulders above boxing these days.

Interesting fight with Lawler looking so much more focussed than Diaz. Odd at the end when Nick was basically saying he knew he'd take a beating and his management set up the fight and didn't know why/how!?

And then Volkanovski, how doesn't he tap out with those two submission attempts!? Great fight, kudos to Ortega as well, proper heart that.

Once again UFC showing it is head and shoulders above boxing these days.

Interesting fight with Lawler looking so much more focussed than Diaz. Odd at the end when Nick was basically saying he knew he'd take a beating and his management set up the fight and didn't know why/how!?

And then Volkanovski, how doesn't he tap out with those two submission attempts!? Great fight, kudos to Ortega as well, proper heart that.
I can't imagine a Diaz doing something though that they don't agree with or on board with?
Diaz looked unfit. Not conditioned and I honestly thought I was watching in slow motion.
Valentina once again being dominant in every way. Just seemed like she was like a lion playing with its prey before devouring.
Great card. And yes the main event was brilliant. Both showed passion and heart. Although I still have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about volkanovski because max won that fight. But not his fault.