UFC Thread | Page 117 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

I think when you look at their first fight vs. now, its clear only one of them has improved dramatically. His one contribution to the sport is that he has given a lot of fighters extra fire to improve.

Poirier stuck with it and made it his lifes work while McGregor went out and got rich and famous. There is probably even a lesson in their somewhere. You don't always get what you deserve. Poirier certainly deserves a comfortable life like McGregor has now been afforded.

I think when you look at their first fight vs. now, its clear only one of them has improved dramatically. His one contribution to the sport is that he has given a lot of fighters extra fire to improve.

Poirier stuck with it and made it his lifes work while McGregor went out and got rich and famous. There is probably even a lesson in their somewhere. You don't always get what you deserve. Poirier certainly deserves a comfortable life like McGregor has now been afforded.
I'm pretty sure it was Marvin Hagler who said something along the lines of 'it's hard to get out of bed for a run early in morning when you're sleeping on silk sheets'.

Chandler looks a very dangerous man. At 5 foot 8 too to domiante a 6 foot hooker so easily on the feet was impressive. Not sure what was up with Hooker, he looked shell shocked but Chandler has some crazy power.
Not sure where Dustin goes... i think maybe Oliveria is the only one he hasnt beaten... and chandler obviously.
Not sure where Mcgregor goes either. No way he can fight for title unless he wins next 3... so looks like a third with Nate? Or legitimate claim for rematch with Dustin maybe. Either way has he been figured out? Blow his legs and wrestle first round sure is perfect tactics to eliminate all of his weopons.
The light weight division is on fire.

Think that is right re McGregor, he has lost his invincible persona, been figured out and the mind games etc wont' work now. Too many before, got too angry and wanted to beat him quickly, instead of going with proper tactics. NOT taking away from his fighting skills either there btw.

Unless he gets Dustin 3 or as you say, Nate, I don't see there is much for him to do really, other than fade away and he'd not want that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ufc...xmAEAoAEBsAEPwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Stipe takes on Francis N saturday night for the heavy weight strap.
Stipe is an active fire fighter and refuses to give up his job. What a warrior.
I got Stipe. ALL DAY LONG. Just skilled way better in every department.
Obviously Francis has a very scary one bomb but they have to land to count. And Stipe used to be a golden gloves champ so has the skills to avoid. Plus a very impressive wrestling background.
ROUND 3 Stipe.

Woodley is done now, surely. 4 big losses.

Ngannou. Beast. Now bring on a fight with Jon Jones.

O'Malley looking interesting isn't he?

Woodley is done now, surely. 4 big losses.

Ngannou. Beast. Now bring on a fight with Jon Jones.

O'Malley looking interesting isn't he?
What on earth was Stipe doing? My god. He looked slow and scared. Mind you dont blame him.
Yes OMalley looks a real talent. Reminds me alot of Max Holloway. Wont be able to see properly until he steps up in competition but he certainly looks an absolute beast in the making. Young aswell.
Woodley bless him. That will be his last fight in the UFC.
Jon jones vs francis. Jesus. What a fight. Although i cant see jones being anywhere near those haymakers.
Stipe looked very very poor. Shame because he is a beast.

Yeah, Stipe almost looked like he knew he was beaten before he started didn't he? Must be tough, you aren't always 'feeling it' and against that opposition, you would need to be at your absolute aggressive best.

I guess he was hoping to soak up the pressure and watch Ngannou gas.

Agree on O'Malley, as you say, all about if he can make the step up in oppo. But interesting to watch for sure.

Absolute banging ufc 261 tonight.
It is PPV but there is a streaming site that i use for football games that show it for free. Not sure if im allowed to post the site?

Jorge vs usman... i want jorge to win but i think usman will grind a win.

Zhang vs rose... this is going to be a war. Zhang maybe just takes it.

Valentina vs andrade.. no one is beating valentina.

Cant wait.

Well that was the best card i have seen for a very very very long time. No way im getting back to sleep.
Amazing.
That one lady fighter..... technically the best in the UFC. Ive called it.

Was shocked and stunned to see a full arena and the likes of Rogan in the octagon with no masks.

Rose. Wow. Fabulous.

Weidman OUCH. that looked so bad. And the previous fighter whose name escapes me already, looked like a tendon or something must have snapped to take away his foot like that. Shame, could have been a great fight that.

Zhang. Pathetic reaction. She was out, suck it up buttercup.

Great card.

Amazing card. Masvidal got way to comfortable in there and got sloppy..
Valentina is the best fighter i have ever seen. All round perfection. Just mind blowing.
Chuffed for Rose... she doesnt smile much bless her but she deserved that. And yeah zhang... the fact that you cant walk properly and dont know what happened probably sways to the ref making the right decision.
Weidman. Career ender possibly. Shame. Not nice to see.
If carlsberg made main event ufc cards hey.

I can understand Zhang when she first comes round (you don't always know you've been knocked out or stunned I guess) but not after she had seen the replay. Classless.

Valentina hinted at taking on nunes. It is bound to happen.
That would maybe be the highest grossing fight of all time. It would certainly be up there. One thing is for sure i would not under any circumstances miss it.
Nunes has just a much bigger frame and way more powerful. But valentina is quicker and is technically perfect. Im buzzing for the fight ready.
Think Masvidal will maybe take Edwards on now if he gets through Nate.

Conor McGregor was the world's highest-paid athlete over the last year ahead of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, according to the annual Forbes list.

During the 12-month period ending May 1, 2021, Irish MMA fighter McGregor earned $180m (£128m), a figure which Forbes said includes $158m (£112m) from endorsements and the recent sale of the majority stake of his whiskey brand.

He made just $22m (£15m) inside the Octagon - McGregor lost his rematch against Dustin Poirier in January this year in Abu Dhabi.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...st-paid-athlete-ahead-of-messi-in-forbes-list