UFC Thread | Page 115 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

Ufc 252 tonight free on btsport1.
Cormier vs stipe 3 the main fight. Prelims start at 1am. Main card at 3am.

Massive fight, can't wait for it. Not totally bothered who wins either, both have been exemplary.

Somewhat disappointing as a way to bow out for Cormier. Stipe though,head and shoulders, but you could see how much it took out of him as well. 37 and fighting at that level, goodness me,he looked in great shape. Not sure at his age I'd want to be facing Jones if he gets his shit together though.

Ufc 253 live and free on btsport1 saturday night/sunday morning for anyone interested.

Main fight the 185 belt. Costa (the muscle freak) vs adesanya (hype train)

Co main. Dom reyes (imo beat jon jones last fight) vs jan B (on a tear of a run)

Should be a fun one.

yes, got it set to record. And yes, they sure have hyped Adesanya, put massive pressure on him.

Ì have no idea what Costa was thinking. What on earth were his tactics in that? Strange.
Impressed with Jan. The bloke looks an absolute beast. What an animal!

to let his leg be continually kicked and err... nope, beats me. Must admit before he was decked, I thought the only way Costa had a chance was to just throw caution to the wind in that round. Embarrassing.

And yes fabulous performance, seems a good bloke as well.

Yeah ortegas stand up. Blimey.
On the ground one of if not the best technically. He is certainly top 5 in ufc for BJJ. But he seems to have added viscious stand up. He was always decent stand up cus of his street fighting days but he has certainly gone up a few pegs.
Next up justin vs khabib.
Jesus. Thats going to be good. However khabib WILL take him down and maul him. He just will. He is just too good.

Yeah, BT have made that PPV and I hate Khabib's style, so on two counts, I will not be paying.

Fair play, some good matches and a totally convincing win by Khabib. Interesting to see him retire from the cage, not totally surprised, he's got nothing left to prove. 13 unbeaten in the UFC, no one has come close really and 29 wins in total.

Yeah he is just on another level. To be fair justin did win round 1. But completely nakered him in doing so. Even though justin won the round khabibs pressure was insane.
Then the inevitable take down and domination.
I think the only person who would stand a chance against him is tony. Just because he is so wacky and unpredictable on the ground and would throw 100 things at khabib he hasnt seen before. So would stand a better chance. But he got battered by justin and khabib has retired so will never happen. Shame.
Big respect to justin for being such a gent at the end and khabib... got to feel for him.
And defo the GOAT. I have never witnessed anyone so dominant in all of his fights.
I dont even think he is giving 100 percent in most of his fights either.
Crazy talent. Not a massive fan of the way he fights but youve got to give the GOAT status to him. By a far margin too i would say.

Few great fights last night.

Ferguson well beaten. Oliveira looked a different class.

Figueirdedo v Moreno, WOW of a fight but a pathetic decision, not that I'm a judge, but to have had a point taken off him and still draw.... nah.