UFC Thread | Page 114 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

Glad to see him gone, I think him a thug. Shame, was interesting until he became such a self inflated blow hard and with all the body movement stuff, could have been so fascinating for the sport, instead of all the junk he brought.

Fair play, he has made himself and his family a fortune, that is what people work for, so can't criticise for that. And playing the pantomine villain did work for him. Some of the stuff though, attacking the bus, hitting the old guy etc, nah, not for me.

https://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/id/29277164/ufc-star-conor-mcgregor-says-retiring-fighting

Nah, no worries Col, was only teasing as I pester people for links, Only took 2 secs on google for me myself. I think Im trying to turn the forum into Wiki ! LOL

He has very clearly not got his way, so as you say, thrown the dummy out of the pram. He has taken a massive dump on the organisation that has made him rich and famous numerous times. Seems a bad way to treat them because they have bent over backwards (far too often in my opinion) to accommodate him. I realise they do that because he is box office and makes them money mind you.

He'll be back as soon as the money is right.

He talked about making his money and getting out but when there is so much money involved, it's very difficult to walk away. He's hardly going to take up farming or fishing, is he?

He'll be back as soon as the money is right.

He talked about making his money and getting out but when there is so much money involved, it's very difficult to walk away. He's hardly going to take up farming or fishing, is he?

No, and he seems to crave the attention, which isn't really a criticism, when attention is for the right reasons there is no harm in that, or indeed, enjoying fame.

I didnt get up to watch it. But i have just seen it.
Poirier vs hooker. What a fight.
Maybe one of the best fights this year.
Both absolute warriors.
Both seem decent humans.
If you have a spare bit of time this fight is well worth a watch with a nice cuppa.

Wow, one of my all time favourite fights that. What a war.

Brendan Allen def. Kyle Daukus was decent as well.

My predictions for later.

Paige will lose. Dont know much about Ribas but i dont rate paige.
Rose will win. Last time these fought it was a very lucky KO.
YAN will win. If only we could see low kick Aldo he would win this but we have not seen that version for a very long time.
Max will win. I think he will but this one is tough to call.
Jorge vs usman. Bloody hell. Hard to call isnt it. If there was money on it i wouldnt bet on this one. Heart says jorge head says usman. Will go with the heart.

I rate Paige :love: And Rose...!

Would love to see Aldo win, difficult though isn't it? He is no longer seen as what he once was, invincible.

Hahahaha.
Yeah she is a little stunner.
I have been praying to see low kick Aldo for a long time. He is immense when he utilises them and they destroy people. Im baffled at the tactics change. Cant understand it. Would love him to revert back.
Would love jorge to win. Love him. And it would make him the poster boy for the ufc at present. Usman has zero personality and alot of his fights are boring as hell.

Decent fights, Aldo looks done really and agree, even though he did a few more, still don't get why he has changed.

Thought Max had won, but I'm no judge.

Well aldo, first round looked really good, great low kicks and i was thinking great he has come back. Then he reverts back to his new crap ways. Silly because he was easily winning. Not sure whats going through his head. And fight should have got stopped way sooner.
I agree. Max defo won that fight. Crazy that he didnt. Judging is ridiculous. I think Dana has gone off about the judges and said he is going to sort something out because it is getting ridiculous now.
Usman is the most boring fighter i have ever seen. Hate watching him. Jorge did great first round, and definitely dominated although 2 of the crazy judges gave the opener to usman which again is inconceivable. Its nonsense.
Shame jorge didnt have a full camp really because he was struggling for energy after the first.
Paige needs to find another career. Shes just not a fighter.
Rose is immense. Rose vs weili is going to be insane.

Oh right, not seen the Dana rant. The commentators didn't seem too surprised by the result, I thought it was a bit of a given Max had won, so was surprised. The way they didn't react made me doubt myself there.

Usman, effective, but do hate that sort of fighter.

Rose looked sharp, got her edge back.

You ever watched Kingdom on Netflix Col (and anyone else, but not many people join in on this thread!). 3 season drama based on MMA

You ever watched Kingdom on Netflix Col (and anyone else, but not many people join in on this thread!). 3 season drama based on MMA
No not seen it yet but that sounds immense. Will definately give it a look. Although with getting up at silly oclock watching live ufc and being glued to ufc news i think it may be the straw that breaks the camels back with mrs colavfc.
Havnt seen the fights from last night yet, i saw the results first thing this morning but will settle down and give them a good viewing later. From what it said on the news there was a few amazing performances.