UFC Thread | Page 111 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

Yeah think its 20 quid but that's on top of the bloody monthly prescription. Absolute joke. I will buy this one and I will no doubt buy tony vs khabib but I think that's me done then. Problem is because I'm so hooked they reel me in with the fight build up and then I feel I have to treat myself to it. I've got to be stronger and resist.

Yeah mctapper seems to be alot more grounded and sensible thank god. It's actually nice to see. Although who could not respect cowboy?

Yeah think its 20 quid but that's on top of the bloody monthly prescription. Absolute joke. I will buy this one and I will no doubt buy tony vs khabib but I think that's me done then. Problem is because I'm so hooked they reel me in with the fight build up and then I feel I have to treat myself to it. I've got to be stronger and resist.

Yeah mctapper seems to be alot more grounded and sensible thank god. It's actually nice to see. Although who could not respect cowboy?

That's the whole thing about McGregor, he's box office in a way that nobody else in the UFC is. I don't like UFC and I know that he's fighting Cowboy. You don't like him and you paid £20 on top of the monthly fee to watch him. Khabib is a better fighter but nobody cares because he doesn't have the showmanship.

I don't like him as a person no. But as a fighter he exciting. I don't buy the events based on likeability. I buy the events for entertainment and mcgregor, love him or hate him is entertaining. I also buy the cards for all the fights not just for the main event. I think I've bought all the PPVs so far due to the love of the sport not based on individuals. Although buying PPVs for me is at the end. Just cant keep up with it financially. I also like cerrone so should be an amazing fight, if it's not over and done with within 30 seconds which of course is possible.

Rung bt and they've reduced my monthly by nearly twenty quid. Happy with that. Might consider the ppv now.

Last edited:
That's good news. What did you say to them to get it reduced? About the PPV rubbish?
I will try to do this tomorrow.

If you order it are you getting up at 3am or just not going to bed and doing the prelims from 1am?

Treat yourself! 👍👍👍👍

What the hell was that. Typical donald coming out like he is asleep. Surely he should have known what the first 30 seconds was going to be like. Jesus christ. I don't think for one minute that Donald was paid to take a fall but after that the conspiracies are going to be rife. Pathetic donald.

Cerrone was paid a few million to let Connor beat him up for 30 seconds. Pretty shameful really. The last time I saw such a blatantly fixed fight was David Haye vs Audley Harrison.

It APPEARS very fixed. Not sure if Dana would risk fixing a fight though. But I have no idea. If there was a fixed fight out there though, that certainly is what it would look like. Donald just let's him shoulder him in the nose 4 times with no adjustments, no resistance and no counter. Then donald backs off and just stands there, throws the weakest rib kick I have ever seen in my life and then just gets attacked with no movement, no effort, no counters, no attempt to do anything other than cover up. Very suspect but I would imagine there will be a massive global debate and some not very happy PPV buyers.

Really hope that was just a great start for Connor. Cowboy has looked a bit shot recently, so odd fight maybe. But as you say, ffs, it is no surprise that Connor would come out fast. Glad I didn't pay.

Without giving any results, any of the undercard decent enough to watch?

Watched the prelims as they were on normal BT

Sorry, forgot to put a disclaimer before I posted.

Yeah the undercard is defo worth a watch. The Holmes fight I would probably skip forward through but the rest are good.

Lots of talk and conspiracies today. We will never know I just hope it was mcgregor being brilliant and cowboy being pathetically stupid.

I see McGregor got $3m for 40 seconds work. Not bad. Not bad at all.

The other fella got $200k for getting beaten up for 40 seconds. I think I'd take that deal too.

Is that all Cowboy got? Surprised at that. Even the $3m sounds low for a ppv. Hey ho, not my problem!

That's the base rate pay from the commission. That does not include PPV points, bonus and any other money dana throws their way.

Cowboy will be a rich man from that 40 seconds don't worry about that.

UFC 247 this weekend. And it's free. Wahoooo. The next PPV is Tony vs khabib which I absolutely don't mind paying for because that is going to be once in a lifetime fight.
Cant really see past Jones. He is just too good. Although you just never know.
Definitely cant see past valentina Shevchenko though. She is just amazing. Herself and nunes really need to be fighting men. If that would ever be allowed. Both of them are just scary.
Dana looking to book mcgregor khabib rematch although khabib is saying no chance. Not sure how much sway fighters have in saying who they will and will not fight. Rumours khabib vs floyd. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I would definitely NOT be paying for that and unless you are a die hard khabib fanatic I suspect most people would stay clear of that.

I'm not going to do any PPV I don't think. Spending a fortune on more and more channels. The more we just accept it, the more they will charge.

Agree, can't see past Jones.

I just want to apologise and tell everyone on here they were right about McGregor.
Haha. Well to be fair cdx the mcgregor that was evident vs cerrone was what he should of been from the start. Respectful but with an edge. That's all good. Maybe he has made too many mistakes now for people to forget but i suppose it's like Jon Jones. Maybe McGregor has been humbled now. He is loaded so doesn't really need to put on a show. I see footage of McGregor like for example when he spends time with Faber and although he is the typical alpha Male it can be clearly seen that they get on and it's all a joke. McGregor has ruined himself really. Such a shame because he is hugely talented.
If he fights khabib again though I'm pretty sure he will revert back to type.
I think alot of McGregor's mistakes have been while under the influence and he eluded to such pre fight. I just hope he cuts the acting and the chaos and just remains calm and respectful now cus he has got his good sides. I think he just went way way way over the top and got too carried away with the persona. I also hope he has sorted his cardio issues out because vs cerrone he was ultra aggressive. Khabib can get hit and if khabib got cracked with his power it definitely could be over. Although I really do think tony beats khabib. I think tony will come out with some mad spinning, flipping, rotating madness that will end up in some weird darce choke.
Alarm set for 2.50am. Cant wait.