UFC Thread | Page 106 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

He's a moron SJH and I'll still watch and support him but FFS he's a silly boy, with that said nobody teaches you to handle fame and millions in the bank at 29.

Said for a long time he's a clown with no class. I've hated the way he's taken the smack talk too far and shown such massive disrespect to Dana and through UFC being late for press conferences etc.

Always kept wanting to like him, because he's unique and his study of movement etc fascinated me but I don't think he shows any respect to the wonders of martial arts.

Still say fair play to him making a fortune. Hope he doesn't blow it or his life now. He's got a family and should be able to enjoy life, not start to think he's a gangster.

Feel like he's conflicted, I know a good few people who've met him in person and say he is amazing and really nice and all the rest but then theres the shit in the limelight. Its almost like when actors become the people their playing like Johnny Depp going around like he's Jack Sparrow they all seem to develop into caricatures of the people they play.

I saw conflicted because as a martial artist you tend to be humbled but growing up where he is from I'd say he was like all those typical inner dublin city scumbags that go around.

Course this might be my way to justify supporting a gobshite.

How impressive was max? That was pure class. Would love to see him get a rematch against McGregor but that doesn't seem likely at all. McGregor can't even defend the belt he holds.

The ufc are going to have to strip him soon as it is making a mockery of the promotion. It cannot go on forever.

If McGregor doesn't want to fight again fair enough. Walk away injury free and be made for life but that does not excuse him holding up an entire roster.

I think the problem is that there just isn't a fight big enough for him.

Maybe a crack at the Welterweight title would wake him up.

lewis1980 - 3/12/2017 21:57

I think the problem is that there just isn't a fight big enough for him.

Maybe a crack at the Welterweight title would wake him up.

I wouldnt say that, Ferguson and Diaz are both big enough its really a matter of payment.

He's coming off the back of $100M but it isnt realistic for him to stick to the current terms of the contract and some would argue the contract is the contract but thats retarded and the UFC know it. How many fights has he left on the contract? He can easily say fine I'll stick to those terms until my contract is up, then run down the contract and jump to Bellator and get his value.

Couldn't come into this thread last week as I was away and had recorded UFC218

Anyone see the prelim Oliveira v Medeiros? Think Joe Rogan is right, one of the best fights ever. LOL Wow!

Great win for Alvarez, another good fight.

And as you say above guys, loads of heart from Aldo... time to retire maybe? Got nowhere else to go really, unless he still just enjoys fighting.

But Max. wow. that was a really aggressive but also cultured performance.

Impressive performance form Dos Anjos last night. Always like Lawler but he didn't have the answers unfortunately.

Wonder how the appeal will go?

Jon Bones Jones denying taking steroids

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/14/16308592/jon-jones-breaks-silence-on-positive-drug-test

Some great fights last night.

Wanted the Emmett v Stephens fight to go on longer but a great hook to knock Emmett down. Can understand why his camp were a bit pissed off by the back of head elbows but think that was just the fearsome nature of fighting really, he was already badly in trouble.

Andrade looked great as well, properly tested by Torres.

Borg and Chiesa fights offs after McGregor goes around being a massive dickhead in Brooklyn.

What do you even say, it'll be a slap on the wrist for him too wouldnt even waste your time saying he'll never fight again or probably just pay some fees and damages.

Great fight by Rose.

Interesting Nurmagomedov v Iaquinta. Didn't dominate as he expected.

Shame that disgusting tramp McCregor had to ruin things. What is wrong with the 'man' ? Attacking a bus and ruining the event for some of the fighters.

Just scum really isn't he?

Surely they won't let him back in the UFC now? He'll end up killing someone or being killed. Fucking idiot.

I’m no UFC fan as probably highlighted by my lack of posting in this thread, I much prefer boxing and hope it’ll outlast its WWE-style cousin.

On that note, as an outsider who knows not a lot of the sport or politics of it, (however I have seen the video), is this all a big publicity stunt? Not in the way that someone would necessarily orchestrate what happened but such events perhaps are not prevented in the interests of the PR for the sport? It won’t do anyone’s brand awareness any harm, including Conor’s in the short term.