UFC Thread | Page 121 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

Great win, surprised Usman didnt retire, I'm sure he'd hinted before he might.

He held the cage, the point deduction was because it was difficult to give back the position Usman lost if Leon hadn't done it.

Bit worried I must say, because MMA is one of my all time favourite sports. If they are merging as an organisation, ok, but if they start to try to bring the WWE circus/entertainment/for me bollocks but I realise for others it is enjoyed into what is a very gritty, tough, real, sport, then it would be a massive shame.

The intros to boxing matches these days is ridiculous, whereas the UFC fighters just walk in, to the music of their choice, get checked by one of the refs and walk into the octagon. It is all well announced and all that, so not completely without 'theatre' but it doesn't need anything more than that.

Got to hand it to the main owners of UFC, they turned it from a freakish idea (could a sumo wrestler fight a boxer etc) into a massive and very good sport, and have made a fortune in the process, which is well deserved because they took large financial risks in the early days.

Bit worried I must say, because MMA is one of my all time favourite sports. If they are merging as an organisation, ok, but if they start to try to bring the WWE circus/entertainment/for me bollocks but I realise for others it is enjoyed into what is a very gritty, tough, real, sport, then it would be a massive shame.

The intros to boxing matches these days is ridiculous, whereas the UFC fighters just walk in, to the music of their choice, get checked by one of the refs and walk into the octagon. It is all well announced and all that, so not completely without 'theatre' but it doesn't need anything more than that.

Got to hand it to the main owners of UFC, they turned it from a freakish idea (could a sumo wrestler fight a boxer etc) into a massive and very good sport, and have made a fortune in the process, which is well deserved because they took large financial risks in the early days.
Yes totally agree. But unfortunately the boxing style walk outs have started to creep in. Adesanya being one that springs to mind. It's annoying. I hate it. Just walk down, maybe bump fists with the fans and get in the cage.

Tom Aspinall. Foooooooking hell. That guy is one scary scary fighter. Power and speed and agility. Apparently he is amazing on the ground also but we don't get to see much of that.

Looks like Frank Mir. I think he has only lost one in the UFC due to his leg snapping.

I'm not sure if any of you follow ONE CHAMPIONSHIP at all? I actually prefer it to the UFC. The fighters on show are THE best strikers in the world. These fighters are multi world champions before they even have one fight here.

Look out for an English fighter. JONATHAN HAGGERTY. He has two belts in ONE now.

He is probably the best striker on the planet right now. He holds belts in kickboxing rules and muay Thai rules. He is taking out all the top Thais in devastating fashion.

Definitely my favourite fighter right now.

I think UFC is slowly dying. I used to love it. And I still do. But it's starting to go stale I feel.

Khabibs cousin receives a ban for drug cheating. Could explain their superior strength.

Although saying that, I think most fighters are taking something. I just find it so hard to believe that a lot of the fighters have so much muscle mass with the amount of cardio they have to do to be freakishly fit.

I just don't see how that translates to the amount of muscle mass a lot of the fighters have. It just doesn't make sense.

Tom Aspinall. Foooooooking hell. That guy is one scary scary fighter. Power and speed and agility. Apparently he is amazing on the ground also but we don't get to see much of that.

Looks like Frank Mir. I think he has only lost one in the UFC due to his leg snapping.

Didn't take long did he? Amazing achievement.

I have mentioned this guy before. But Jon haggerty defended his double world championship today against a hard Brazilian named Lobo.

He got knocked down round one and then recovered and put on a show.

Stand up wise this guy is creme de la creme.

This fight is a must see for anyone even slightly interested.

So we have McGregor returning for UFC 303 Vs Chandler.

This looks like a re run of McGregor Vs mendez to me.

But. It depends what Connor we see. THAT Connor has gone. And chandler is tougher than Mendez.

Chandler is durable and has an engine. It's just that massive reach and hydrated size advantage (like with most Mctaps fights)

If chandler survives the first round he wins.

But. It depends what Connor we see. THAT Connor has gone. And chandler is tougher than Mendez.

Chandler is durable and has an engine. It's just that massive reach and hydrated size advantage (like with most Mctaps fights)

It's interesting to me because McGregor has just spent the last few years abusing PEDs and was outside of the scope for testing because I guess he must have retired or something. He's still going to benefit from that exposure. We're talking anabolic steroids, growth hormone and various peptides here.

It's interesting to me because McGregor has just spent the last few years abusing PEDs and was outside of the scope for testing because I guess he must have retired or something. He's still going to benefit from that exposure. We're talking anabolic steroids, growth hormone and various peptides here.
Theres obviously lots of rumour about non performance enhancing substances also.

I think he will definitely have a strength advantage... Until he gasses. Which could easily be after 4 minutes.

Box office, because people love to see the show around Connor. But his lifestyle, he's done a film, that injury was horrendous... can he return fully? We will see. Can't pretend I won't be watching!

Box office, because people love to see the show around Connor. But his lifestyle, he's done a film, that injury was horrendous... can he return fully? We will see. Can't pretend I won't be watching!
Same. I will definately watch. It will be a huge PPV earner.

But yes. The money in the bank. The possible naughty lifestyle. The injury. The ring rust. The cardio. Lack of training. I get the feeling its going to be an embarrassing night for his twitter account and meme creations.

Same. I will definately watch. It will be a huge PPV earner.

But yes. The money in the bank. The possible naughty lifestyle. The injury. The ring rust. The cardio. Lack of training. I get the feeling its going to be an embarrassing night for his twitter account and meme creations.

plus the fear instilled from the last horrible injury. you hear football players (saw Owen talk about it at length once) saying they are never the same, because they keep expecting the same thing to happen again.