UEFA Nations League | Page 7 | Vital Football

UEFA Nations League

I'm watching the England Lionesses on BBC leading into the England game later and I bet it's far more interesting than watching England V Switzerland game.

Playing football the Southgate way eventually got him the sack at Middlesbrough as it bored people to death and I fear the same will eventually happen to him as the England manager.

I

Penalties I can hardly
I'm watching the England Lionesses on BBC leading into the England game later and I bet it's far more interesting than watching England V Switzerland game.

Playing football the Southgate way eventually got him the sack at Middlesbrough as it bored people to death and I fear the same will eventually happen to him as the England manager.

I

Penalties, I can hardly contain my excitement

Portugal win the first UEFA Nations League title.

Am I the only one that enjoys it? Gets rid of most of the pointless friendlies, and it's a trophy to be won.

Basically the League Cup of international football, the 3rd most important one.

Portugal win the first UEFA Nations League title.

Am I the only one that enjoys it? Gets rid of most of the pointless friendlies, and it's a trophy to be won.

Basically the League Cup of international football, the 3rd most important one.

Its not the tournament to be fair.

Its the England team that's the problem for most I think .

Its not the tournament to be fair.

Its the England team that's the problem for most I think .

lol, well in my many years on these forums I never remember you guys ever being happy with England.

Out of curiosity, is it the players (hype?), the styles of play over the year? The expectations?

lol, well in my many years on these forums I never remember you guys ever being happy with England.

Out of curiosity, is it the players (hype?), the styles of play over the year? The expectations?

Firstly, the players. They are so over hyped. For me they look better than they are and get away with it because of who they play with at their own clubs i.e top level foreign players .
Too many of them are not regular first choice for their clubs. How the hell can they be the answer to a successful England team.

Secondly, the style. Which really is linked to the first . The players are not technically good enough. Don't get the opportunity to develop because of the aforementioned foreign players . And because of this the style is boring and non existant because they cannot physically and technically do any better to make it exciting.

For me the only answer is to restrict the foreign players in the league and make home grown the majority. It will never happen now. It's too far gone.

I might have a bit of interest in England when Jack is playing instead of those pass it sidewards and backwards brigade .. For years we've played this pedestrian continental style football instead of the English or British pressing game , we are now trying to reinvent a combination of the two because Pep Southgate thinks its the way forwards. We don't have those sort of players .
Grealish is one of the very few English players with that technical ability

Yup, I thought Gates would be different but he's proven again he's picking names rather than form.

Last edited:
cr7 was again crap - did u see that freekick? He didnt even have a wall to aim at and hit it between the far post and the corner flag - a ****ing embarassment

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather watch grass grow, (it's slower than watching paint dry), than watch England try to play football.

I might have a bit of interest in England when Jack is playing instead of those pass it sidewards and backwards brigade .. For years we've played this pedestrian continental style football instead of the English or British pressing game , we are now trying to reinvent a combination of the two because Pep Southgate thinks its the way forwards. We don't have those sort of players .
Grealish is one of the very few English players with that technical ability
Sir Brian Little got 20 minutes, Sir Dennis Mortimer got none. Delph ffs get loads - just guess the rest of this - **** *** Ing**nd