UEFA Nations League | Page 7 | Vital Football

UEFA Nations League

I have a degree of sympathy for any England manager - I guess they know what they are taking on but when you have to contend with the dreadful bunch of blazers they work for, the instant and extreme judgements of our sporting media and the hideous minority of knuckle draggers who pretend to be England fans, it must be a tough job.
I agree that Southgate has done ok, albeit he is a somewhat uninspiring character.

I have a degree of sympathy for any England manager - I guess they know what they are taking on but when you have to contend with the dreadful bunch of blazers they work for, the instant and extreme judgements of our sporting media and the hideous minority of knuckle draggers who pretend to be England fans, it must be a tough job.
I agree that Southgate has done ok, albeit he is a somewhat uninspiring character.

it has always been the same. Ramsey won the world cup in 66 and then played some of our best ever football in 70 against some of the strongest national sides ever but received dogs abuse from the media et al.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1231491/Alf-Ramsey-england-football-manager-football-association

Back in the 1990's on Radio 5 Harry Harris then chief football writer for I believe the Daily Mirror said his job was to get the England manager sacked. He was not talking about the then currant manager, but any England manager.

Back in the 1990's on Radio 5 Harry Harris then chief football writer for I believe the Daily Mirror said his job was to get the England manager sacked. He was not talking about the then currant manager, but any England manager.
I can well believe it, makes me laugh when later they come out with the old "it was nothing personal" line, especially after the way Graham Taylor was treated.
A truer gent you couldn't wish to meet but they hung him out to dry.
No doubt Southgate will get the same if he doesn't get us to at least the semis this winter 😟

Anyone watching tonight? Currently losing 1-0 to Hungary, hate playing this lot