UEFA Nations League | Vital Football

UEFA Nations League

Yes. Not for Prem fans of course and those who don’t like England (other than when the Euros are or World Cup are on whe they chirp up). However, for those of us who support England throughout the year it’s a useful build up to the World Cup rather than just friendlies and a generally interesting tournament.

Yes, prefer it to friendlies and it's beneficial for the smaller nations playing similarly ranked sides. Quite like the divisional system too.

Be interesting to see what Channel 4's coverage is like, I might be wrong but I think their last live football offer was Gazetta Football Italia 20 odd years ago.

Yes. Not for Prem fans of course and those who don’t like England (other than when the Euros are or World Cup are on whe they chirp up). However, for those of us who support England throughout the year it’s a useful build up to the World Cup rather than just friendlies and a generally interesting tournament.

Perfectly put. Give me a mini tournament with other teams of similar ability and a chance to lift a trophy over meaningless friendlies with pointless subs every 10 minutes.

Perfectly put. Give me a mini tournament with other teams of similar ability and a chance to lift a trophy over meaningless friendlies with pointless subs every 10 minutes.
Same here. Most teams will use it to "have a look" at different players and systems but with the edge of being involved in a competitive competition.
Friendlies seem so pointless, usually ending with a totally different 11 to the one that started so the game never really flows.
Also gives some of the "minnows" a chance to play competitive matches instead of just getting tonked every time they play.

Honestly it being competitive means we learn more from these than qualifiers and friendly's rather than waiting 2 years every time.

Obviously teams care less than the Euros or WC but its still a trophy and we would be happy if we won it like Portugal were even after winning the Euros.

The comment about Premiership support/England support is an interesting one . It does seem that a substantial group of football fans actively barrack England players.

The recent treatment of Maguire comes to mind as a case in point.

Would you rather see England win a major trophy or Gills Promoted ?

It's bonus football to watch during the closed season. What's not to like? Johnstones Paint Trophy for the nations. Lose and no one cares, win the trophy and the country goes into 'scenes' and 'limbs' mode.

The comment about Premiership support/England support is an interesting one . It does seem that a substantial group of football fans actively barrack England players.

The recent treatment of Maguire comes to mind as a case in point.

Would you rather see England win a major trophy or Gills Promoted ?
Gills promoted every day of the week.
I’m about as distant as you can get from the top level football and have genuinely never heard of some of the players who turn out for England these days.
I’ll watch in a tournament if we get through to the sharp end but could not be bothered with a friendly .