UEFA have their say on the VAR incident | Vital Football

UEFA have their say on the VAR incident

Nothing will change. Let's just show what good sports we are, even playing against a corrupt system, and not moan over something we can't change. Life is not fair, and this is just another example.

So with VAR is the ref's attention drawn towards an incident by off field officials or is it up to the ref to decide whether he needs to consult with it/them?

So with VAR is the ref's attention drawn towards an incident by off field officials or is it up to the ref to decide whether he needs to consult with it/them?
It's my understanding that VAR can bring up an incident not seen by the ref. As to whether they offer guidance on the incident is a something I'm curious about as well.

Until UEFA is more transparent in everything they do, and that includes VAR, they will continue to be perceived as the same corrupt organization they truly are.

The UEFA spokesman is lying, we could all see what the ref was being shown pitchside.

We all saw he only saw two camera angles on the tiny monitor. What we don't know us whether he asked for any other possible angles to be shown - having "access" to all the cameras/views and asking to see them are two different things.

We have all heard the match official in rugby saying to their TMO as a matter if course and professional thoroughness "have you any other angles available?" before they make a decision. IMHO the ref looked bemused and couldn't wait to get away from the side of the pitch seeking to indicate that he couldn't understand why he was being asked to review the footage.

Peter Walton for VT Sport said the goal went in off Llorente's knee ffs so I have no ideawhat screen he had been watching.

We all saw he only saw two camera angles on the tiny monitor. What we don't know us whether he asked for any other possible angles to be shown - having "access" to all the cameras/views and asking to see them are two different things.

We have all heard the match official in rugby saying to their TMO as a matter if course and professional thoroughness "have you any other angles available?" before they make a decision. IMHO the ref looked bemused and couldn't wait to get away from the side of the pitch seeking to indicate that he couldn't understand why he was being asked to review the footage.

Peter Walton for VT Sport said the goal went in off Llorente's knee ffs so I have no ideawhat screen he had been watching.
In fairness, it takes a while to get everything going smoothly, and QUICKLY. But, the NFL has this sorted, they really don't have any excuses. The gold standard has already been established and it works.

Fucking Walton, even Llorente has admitted it hit his hand Screenshot_20190418-125726_Twitter.jpg

It's my understanding that VAR can bring up an incident not seen by the ref. As to whether they offer guidance on the incident is a something I'm curious about as well.

Last night, during the second half, I think, a City defender charged down a shot, it went for a corner, but came to nothing.
Where I was a TV screen went blue, 'penalty review' was the message, but it went off about 5 seconds later.
This was way after the action.

Last night, during the second half, I think, a City defender charged down a shot, it went for a corner, but came to nothing.
Where I was a TV screen went blue, 'penalty review' was the message, but it went off about 5 seconds later.
This was way after the action.

Kompany, it hit the back of his shoulder, a couple of Spurs players called for it.

I've a confession to make, I didn't celebrate Sterling's goal as I suspected Aguero may have been offside, I'm a fan of VAR but I do have some sympathy with the argument that it's going to kill the passion as fans will be reluctant to celebrate until they see the ball back in the centre of the pitch for the restart.

Kompany, it hit the back of his shoulder, a couple of Spurs players called for it.

I've a confession to make, I didn't celebrate Sterling's goal as I suspected Aguero may have been offside, I'm a fan of VAR but I do have some sympathy with the argument that it's going to kill the passion as fans will be reluctant to celebrate until they see the ball back in the centre of the pitch for the restart.
It's a valid concern, BD. But fans are resilient, and in short order you adapt to that initial pause before celebrating.

I'm afraid I went mental five times last night.

I'm not so sure, did he gain an advantage by the ball striking his hand?

Painful reading Clattenburg praising decisions being right when he gave that ridiculous penalty against us to Spurs, Sterling jumped to block a cross and the ball hit the back of his arm, that decision effectively ended our title defence in 2015.

He was ref too when we were done by two dodgy offside calls at White Hart Lane.