U23s v Sheff Utd stream | Vital Football

U23s v Sheff Utd stream

cheers moonay, that’ll kill the next hour at work just nicely 😂 (maybe this is why I don’t earn £400/hr like Begbies)

Last edited:
So frustrating watching this, we pass the ball about Man City style up to the last third, Sheffield have hardly touched the ball this second half, they picked up a poor pass off us , 3 or 4 passes score, luckily offside.

Same again, all us with no end product, mistake by Assgard, their winger picks it up makes a run, squares it and 3-1.

All huff and puff but no end product I'm afraid, plenty of possession but just passed it around 1-3

So frustrating watching this, we pass the ball about Man City style up to the last third, Sheffield have hardly touched the ball this second half, they picked up a poor pass off us , 3 or 4 passes score, luckily offside.

I think that's part of the learning and development though. It's not all about winning (though that's great), but more about teaching the lads to play in the same way the first team does, without getting flustered, without resorting to hoof-ball, even when we're losing in the last few minutes.

The aim of the game is to produce players with the right skills and temperament to challenge for 1st XI places ... anything else is a bonus. Losing is not particularly a problem.

It's called a Development Squad for a reason.

I'm not knocking them moonay despite the score we have outfootballed them for the 80 minutes or so I watched, but the learning does or should include creating openings and chances from the possession we had.

The sheff utd commentator just said the scoreline 'slightly' flattered them at 4-1, sorry mate but the scoreline slightly flattered them ar 2-1.

I'm not knocking them moonay despite the score we have outfootballed them for the 80 minutes or so I watched, but the learning does or should include creating openings and chances from the possession we had.

The sheff utd commentator just said the scoreline 'slightly' flattered them at 4-1, sorry mate but the scoreline slightly flattered them ar 2-1.

I'm sure that when the coaches analyse the game, they'll focus on what went well, and then work out ways to improve in those areas in future games.

I agree that for all the "outfootballing", we didn't always look as threatening, or create the decent chances that we (as fans) might hope ... but I suppose that's part of their learning ... and development.