U23s v charlton | Vital Football

U23s v charlton

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Won 2-1 today came from behind all goals at the far end coutts played about an hour strolled through it Baldock was on the pitch but won’t be pushing freeman with performances like that Cranie also played but tbh didn’t notice him at all Hallam and Boyes got the goals nice to see rod and biggles TC was hangin about to the side of us but we weren’t havin him in our group

Yes, very pleasant to see Bully and Rod again (as well as CW, AK, TC, BD, CM, Delboy, etc.). There were also a larger than usual presence of scouts from other clubs, though I have no idea who they were there to watch. Probably one of the Charlton lads.
A rather scrappy first half, but it improved in the second. As Bully said, Coutts strolled through it for about 70 minutes. Baldock looked dangerous in flashes, but went off after about 60 minutes, while Crainey didn’t really have a lot to do.
I think all three will have benefitted from the run out, but to my untutored eye, none looked ready yet to be pitched straight into the first team.

As an aside, Jordan Doherty played (captain, I think) for Republic of Ireland U19’s in their 2-0 victory over Wales today.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the company(Bully&Ronaldo) more than the match to be honest,but a win's a win.Redders, Ronaldo seemed to be challengin you to a cyclin race mi owd at Cliffe today,when Bully mentioned your cyclin exploits.Let us know when the challenge is accepted but tha'll have to hurry cos the owd boy's off on holiday soon. UTCB

Last edited:
Found it 2 o’clock kick off I may make it,as usual it depends how the land lies at the time
Won’t be making this I forgot I’ve got physio at half 2,so tha’ll have to bend someone else’s ear rod (sorry Ronaldo and trev you will have to take the brunt)

Won’t be making this I forgot I’ve got physio at half 2,so tha’ll have to bend someone else’s ear rod (sorry Ronaldo and trev you will have to take the brunt)
Well at least them 2 dunt have ear plugs whilst engagin in conversation unlike some ignorant chuffs.:p:giggle: Wi ya havin nowt between thi tabs meks it difficult for ya to follow any conversations tho dunt it?:LOL: Hope thi Fysio goes well mi owd pal.By the way U/23's are at Swillsbro on Friday neet,i won't be theer tho,the pigs'll probabbly charge £25 UTCB

Sorry Redders! He’s all yours!
I’m off to do some serious cycling training in Spain.

P.S. Don’t believe Rod about a challenge. I’m much too old, heavy and knackered to challenge anybody - let alone a supreme young athlete like your good self.

How close is the sun
I do believe the owd boy asked me ya gobby git Bully.In answer to the question posed to me,how close is the sun owd boy.:giggle: He has summat abart him young Hallam but i just dunt see him mekin our team,especially given where we are nar.UTCB

I do believe the owd boy asked me ya gobby git Bully.In answer to the question posed to me,how close is the sun owd boy.:giggle: He has summat abart him young Hallam but i just dunt see him mekin our team,especially given where we are nar.UTCB
thanks for that rod sounds like we can forget about him then still think we need one more striker in january

thanks for that rod sounds like we can forget about him then still think we need one more striker in january
I've watched Jordan for few years owd boy,sometimes he looks really good,he can finish, teks a decent set piece but alot of the time the game's seems to pass him by.I don't mean any disrespect to the lad but where we are nar, in my humble opinion he won't be good enuff to comin and mekin us better but ya never know mi owd pal,i alluss recall how Matt Lowton was strugglin at Cliffe then went on loan to Ferencvaros i think it was,came back a lot better player and nar he's a regular in't prem.UTCB