U18s and U23s 2021/2022 | Vital Football

U18s and U23s 2021/2022

Our youth set up is excellent, superb work being done by Gregor, Peter and the rest of the staff. Can't think of any better team to have behind the scenes with the rebuild of the youth set up required

Wigan Athletic’s 2021/22 U23s Premier League Cup group stage fixtures have been confirmed.

The fixtures are as follows:

U23 Premier League Cup
Wednesday 8 September 2021| Leeds United (A) | 19:00 | LNER Stadium, York
Thursday 28 October 2021 | Mansfield Town (H) | 19:00 | Lancashire FA
Thursday 25 November 2021| Sunderland (H) | 19:00 | Lancashire FA
Wednesday 1 December 2021| Leeds United (H) | 19:00 | Lancashire FA
Monday 17 January 2022 | Mansfield Town (A) | 19:00 | TBC
Monday 14 February 2022 | Sunderland (A) | 19:00 | Eppleton Colliery

Wonder if Gelhardt will line up against us ?

Banging. When yer man from the Tics phoned aboiut that #Believe FanFun thing and where I wanted my cash to go, Academy was my pick.

Go get 'em Mini Tics.

Banging. When yer man from the Tics phoned aboiut that #Believe FanFun thing and where I wanted my cash to go, Academy was my pick.

Go get 'em Mini Tics.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you talk to them and how much detail was there?

A nice touch and really interesting they are ringing people personally. Do all fans funders get a call or is it only for a specific tier? I've not had a chance to really look into the details.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you talk to them and how much detail was there?

A nice touch and really interesting they are ringing people personally. Do all fans funders get a call or is it only for a specific tier? I've not had a chance to really look into the details.
I got a call. Not overly long, about 10 mins or so.

We are delighted to confirm that Divin Baningime has returned to Latics on a short-term deal.

The Latics academy graduate has returned to the club on a short-term contract following his departure in January.

The forward, who made his first-team debut for Latics in 2017, will link up with the Club’s U23s ahead of tonight’s game against Leeds United in the Premier League Cup.

Welcome back, Divin!

Strong line up for tonight's u23 game v Leeds u23s

Latics: Sam Tickle; Kieran Lloyd, James Carragher, Adam Long, Luke Robinson; Scott Smith (Capt), Baba Adeeko; Dean Pinnington, Harry McHugh, Divin Baningime; Tom Costello
Subs: Owen Mooney, Charlie Hughes, Arthur Lomax, Chris Sze, Levi Welsh.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/28687/u23s-live-updates-leeds-united-vs-wigan-athletic

Premier League Cup--Under-23s

Leeds United 1 v Wigan Athletic 2 ( Harry McHugh, Divin Baningime )

Wigan Athletic :

Sam Tickle, Kieran Lloyd, Luke Robinson, James Carragher,
Adam Long, Scott Smith (c), Dean Pinnington (Arthur Lomax 90’),
Baba Adeeko, Tom Costello, Harry McHugh, Divin Baningime (Chris Sze 67’).

Subs not used: Owen Mooney, Levi Welsh, Charlie Hughes.

Well done lads.

Last edited: