U.K holidays | Vital Football

U.K holidays

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
I can't believe I am making this thread as I never thought I would holiday in this country again. Me take me to the beach where it's hot.

However Mr KK is more important than going abroad and to Kef especially so can I have suggestions on nice places to holiday in The U.K, where there is stuff to do when the British weather is doing what it does best and not very nice.

No way I can risk going abroad again with my husband health. We will need a few days/week break come the summer time if Mr KK is up to it.

Suggestions please that are accessible by train as we don't have a car. Thank you in advance.

As for the sun, well i am going to get some nice lazying in the garden sunbeds etc. so when we do get some sun I can go out there and pretend I am abroad. Got to use up the suncream etc. I had already bought for our hols in June. Ill make days of it and do what we would do on holiday abroad, just in our back garden instead.

Time to be spending some extra money in the garden this year I think

Cornwall is beautiful.

More beautiful than a lot of foreign countries if you can find the right spots.

Obviously you can't guarentee the weather but if you go for a couple of weekend of July / early August I'd say you're pretty likely to get a lot of sun and it can feel lie being abroad on those days.

Polperro, Fowey, Carbis Bay, St Ives, Padstow, Port Issac and many many others, if you have a car, dont and dont mind travelling pick a central base and go and explore.

Thank you for that Deano. I haven't done Cornwall since I was a child so yes thst sounds good. We can do coach tours down there

We love going to West Wales - Pembrokeshire is just stunning.

Beaches are beautiful, loads to see, or just exceptionally relaxing if you don't really want to do anything.

Scotland is beautiful. The weather is normally shite and the locals are a bit feisty but it helps if you speak Scotch.

Redditch. Has some lovely islands to explore, the wildlife in abundance, we have a whole centre for Kingfishers for instance and there is a needle factory museum.

DeanoVilla - 14/3/2018 20:39

Yeah I love North Wales too. Barmouth, Portmeirion, Cricieth, Abersoch. Gorgeous!

I always wanted to go to Portmerion.

I'm not a numbah, I'm a free maaaaaaan!

I'm with BB on this subject.

Scotland is beautiful, specially the Western Isles. Utilising the Cal Mac ferries you can get to the islands, Aran, Mull, you can get onto Skye via the ferry from Mallaig on the mainland or across the Skye bridge at Lochalsh, then there is the Inner and Outer Hebrides, which are now connected by causeways.

On the mainland you have Loch Lomond, Fort William, Loch Ness, Inverness, Inverewe, Ullapool, the Cairngorms, so, so much to see depending on your interests and the time you're expecting to go away on holiday.

If Mrs P gets here visa extention, we'll be up there ourselves around June/July.

:14:

TBF you can go anywhere in this amazing country and you will find history and beauty. We really are very lucky. I even made Milton Keynes my base for a few days break to visit some national trust properties. A few years ago we did a city break to London doing all the touristy stuff. Cornwall, South Wales, Yorkshire , Scotland, which ever way you go there is amazing stuff to see and do, and let's not forget Ireland as well. Have fun.

Firstly. Milton Keynes is a shit hole. Don't go on holiday there KK!.

You can't beat sitting on your arse round a pool for 2 weeks in my humble. Which is what we have done for several years now. Apart from a full on Florida trip a couple of years ago. Good thing is due to juniors melons ages I don't even have to entertain apart from a a couple of times a day I will get off the sun lounger and play in the pool with them.

However this year it's UK all the way for us. Two reasons. My mum's 70th so she is taking family away for a week in summer to Cornwall so we wouldn't have to gone abroad anyway. Secondly we now have melon pooch so want to stay take her with us for a holiday.

So this year we are going to Cornwall for a week with my mum then we are staying down there and driving either South for another week. Love Cornwall. If weather is good it's fantastic. Proper pasties aswell, none of your Ginster crap. Always love a trip to Yorkshire aswell. Been to near Harrogate and Haworth last couple of years. Love a walk in the Dales.

We are also having a few days in the peak district aswell. Just wish the weather would sort it out.

I hear York is nice ...........

Ha Heath! It is rather lovely I agree, though a bus mans holiday I do not need. Unfortunately those British holidays do not now to be taken, though I shall sure keep some ideas in mind, as my one dear friend doesn't go abroad has she has two dogs and we have talked of going somewhere we can take her dogs