U/18's postponed this mornin | Vital Football

U/18's postponed this mornin

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
They were supposed to be playin Bolton at Cliffe 11am ko but the U/18's&U/16's are off cos of waterlogged pitches.I thought i'd post in case anyone was thinkin of goin.UTMPB

Had forgotten about it Rod, now its off, it makes no difference of course.

I really miss the U23's at Stocky. Its bleedin freezing, and a bit out of the way, but I've lost that link I felt with the academy. My Chessie chum says the pitch has had a right battering this season with their useless lumps, the U23's, the Bladies and the ChessieBirds XI's on it, and is looking like Donald Trumps wig. With their financial problems, nipping down to Homebase for a pallet of 'seed and feed' is a bit beyond them...

Had forgotten about it Rod, now its off, it makes no difference of course.

I really miss the U23's at Stocky. Its bleedin freezing, and a bit out of the way, but I've lost that link I felt with the academy. My Chessie chum says the pitch has had a right battering this season with their useless lumps, the U23's, the Bladies and the ChessieBirds XI's on it, and is looking like Donald Trumps wig. With their financial problems, nipping down to Homebase for a pallet of 'seed and feed' is a bit beyond them...

I'd imagine their financial problems would be worse if we weren't paying them to let the U23s and women's team play there.

I'd imagine their financial problems would be worse if we weren't paying them to let the U23s and women's team play there.

The word on the Chessie streets is that Big Dave wont take them beyond this season if they go down again. He'd rather turn out the lights and sell it for housing. Mind you he's had a few opportunities to sell it, and not got his 'price' so there we are...

The word on the Chessie streets is that Big Dave wont take them beyond this season if they go down again. He'd rather turn out the lights and sell it for housing. Mind you he's had a few opportunities to sell it, and not got his 'price' so there we are...

They've had a bit of a revival under Permberton, so they might get out of it yet. Good luck to them, I've never had any issues with Chesterfield.