Tyler - unprofessional to the core | Vital Football

Tyler - unprofessional to the core

Skoorb

Alert Team
Glad I was not aloneness in noticing just how unprofessional Sky’s Martin Tyler was during the commentary of the game at Liverpool

http://www.readbutneverred.com/its-our-year/#comment-483332

Tyler's always been a steaming pile, I'm sure most of us knew that already. BUT it is shocking to see/hear a "professional" play by play announcer be so biased. The color commentator, maybe, but not the man responsible for calling the action. It's time for that old goat to go off and graze, but since he exposed himself against us, it won't happen. I personally like Arlo White.

Tyler is an old blether who mumbles away only about anything he thinks is right and is seldom impartial.
Like Bama I think he should be led to the pastures then the knacker house.

It’s not new either.

I vividly recall a derby match at the Old Toilet when Edwin Dzeko smashed the Ball into the rag net within the first minute. Had I not been watching you would NOT have known City had scored, away fro hoe against their arch rivals - it was stunning start to an important game and yet his tone was flat, monotone and just barely audible.....

“oh and Dzeko has scored”or something equally as mundane. You could bet that had Rooney done same at the other end he would have absolutely wet himself..

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/why-sky-and-martin-tylers-portrayal-of-manchester-city-as-being-the-big-bad-wolves-has-run-its-course-1.986750

Another take on Tyler here.

Bluedub - 15/1/2018 19:53

From the game when Liverpool won the title in 2014

[youtube=/E7WxSi0gPFc]

Nailed it BD. This is why people complain about the media, it's biased when it should be neutral.

I read recently that Tyler supports Woking(?) and that the Aguero goal was his most exciting moment in sport/the history of the World etc.

I tend to listen to the radio, Alan Green is still annoying but I guess I've got used to him.

Bluedub - 16/1/2018 07:51

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/why-sky-and-martin-tylers-portrayal-of-manchester-city-as-being-the-big-bad-wolves-has-run-its-course-1.986750

Another take on Tyler here.

Within the piece is this

Maybe he got carried away with the thumping atmosphere. Or perhaps he has spent the past five months since Sadio Mane kung fu kicked Ederson unconscious at the Etihad going around saying to all and sundry, “The game’s gone, lads. You can’t even rake studs down a keeper’s face anymore without the ref piping up”.

Whatever the reason when the Senegalese winger struck a third blow to City’s invincibility – effectively ending the contest and breaking the watching City fan’s hearts into the bargain – they were reduced to hearing these words, spoken in a husky hysteria: “Mane…can he find the right option this time? You better believe it. 3-1 and Mane payback time for the red card”.

This last comment in the second paragraph has angered a lot of City fans, I thought it was insensitive to say the least.
Being very generous, the only thing I can think that Tyler was trying to mean was it was payback to Klopp and his team mates for his stupidity at the Etihad.

I appreciate your efforts at generosity Colin, but I am of the view that his comment about ‘payback’ was not for his teammates, IMO it was a reference to the ‘injustice’ of his sending off.

Skoorb - 17/1/2018 07:01

I appreciate your efforts at generosity Colin, but I am of the view that his comment about ‘payback’ was not for his teammates, IMO it was a reference to the ‘injustice’ of his sending off.

I didn't see the first game, but I understand that during the near 10 minutes Ederson was lying prone on the turf receiving oxygen that both Tyler and Neville were justifying Mane's challenge, and saying a red card was harsh.

^ Missed this first time around, but yes, that is correct.

…………………………………………

It seems that time has not mellowed Tyler.

Last evening whilst Neville at least was giving credit to the football City played especially in those first 35 minutes, I found myself incredulous at Tyler’s utterly underwhelmed reactions to each of the excellent goals against Arsenal irritating in the extreme. I do not expect the sychophancy we witnessed whenever Rooney netted a goal, but FFS had I not actually been watching when Bernardo Silva, David Silva and Leroy Sané scored their goals I may not have actually realised that the Ball was in the net.

Again :014: :013:

The irony for me was that he was saying a lot of good things about City, but, as you say, Skoorb, in such a downbeat fashion with regards to the goals.
No matter, we'll just enjoy the football.

Yes, later on in the second half the irony of his comments about "more people should want to see this kind of football rather than wanting them to fail" (or words to that effect) was not lost on me.

But as you say, asking as we carry on regardless :026:

Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That was Martin Tyler wasn't it? Good commentator, knows his stuff but I still prefer Motto or my personal favourite Barry Davies.

It was indeed Tyler and it was a great reaction, but as everyone can witness when listening to the audio clips posted by BD, his utterly underwhelming response when Silva scores is completely at odds with the change in timber and excitement in his commentary when Sterling and Skrtel score.

This was replicated again against Arsenal on Tuesday when he narrated nearly all the goals with a bland, flat monotone "oh they've scored a wonderful goal". The heart rate monitor would almost read a flatline.

I too preferred many of the older school commentators who spent less time giving you their own opinions and actually commented upon the action like Peter Jones back in the day. Commentating for radio is different to the television but whilst I can follow the action with my eyes and would not like a simple list of who passed to who (Johnson passes to Smith who sends it long to Arthurs. Arthurs is tackled by White who gives it to Davies etc :012: ) but a little less going off on tangents and a bit more appreciation of noting what is going on across the whole park might be nice.

I do not for one moment think the job is easy......but I also am not convinced Tyler has gotten it right either.

Skoorb - 4/3/2018 19:37

It was indeed Tyler and it was a great reaction, but as everyone can witness when listening to the audio clips posted by BD, his utterly underwhelming response when Silva scores is completely at odds with the change in timber and excitement in his commentary when Sterling and Skrtel score.

This was replicated again against Arsenal on Tuesday when he narrated nearly all the goals with a bland, flat monotone "oh they've scored a wonderful goal". The heart rate monitor would almost read a flatline.

I too preferred many of the older school commentators who spent less time giving you their own opinions and actually commented upon the action like Peter Jones back in the day. Commentating for radio is different to the television but whilst I can follow the action with my eyes and would not like a simple list of who passed to who (Johnson passes to Smith who sends it long to Arthurs. Arthurs is tackled by White who gives it to Davies etc :012: ) but a little less going off on tangents and a bit more appreciation of noting what is going on across the whole park might be nice.

I do not for one moment think the job is easy......but I also am not convinced Tyler has gotten it right either.

Forgot about the great Peter Jones - Motty could get a bit overwhelming with his stats at times but scrubbed up nicely in his sheepskin coat. Maybe it is a bit hard to be upbeat and positive every time we score another great goal, the current campaign has turned into a bit of a procession, how many records we are going to break (lots hopefully) - a ton of points and goals would be nice.

Chelsea and Arsenal have both been unbelievably poor, they've almost seemed beaten from the off.