Two Millers Get Jamaica Call Up | Vital Football

Two Millers Get Jamaica Call Up

It might just be me but I'm not really sure that friendlies should be being played in the current climate - I'm not sure people should be moving about when not necessary.

Saying that I will support them both if they get onto the pitch.

I tend to agree , Caz. ... internal "Probables" v "Possibles" type friendlies, like they used to have in rugby union, wouldn't be much good for reducing international travel in the Jamaica case, as most of their players play abroad anyway... but for England there could be something like "North" v "South", like in the old days of cricket. I think that friendlies still contribute to FIFA world ranking points though, so that could be why they are going ahead.

Last edited:
I hadn't realised that about the world ranking points - and I suppose they count towards players' 'hats'. Still hasn't convinced me that they should be going ahead though.

USA v Jamaica (Friendly) 25/03/21

Don't know why, but kick-off was delayed 30 (?) mins. Difficult to track down many details regarding this match!

Harding and Tilt are both on the subs bench for Jamaica - just kicked off.

Update 1 - HT score 1-0

Update 2 - Score 2-1 now. Think Tilt has come on to make his international debut! Harding's name has disappeared form the list of subs - don't know why.

Update 3 - FT 4-1 (Source : BBC Football site)

Additional information 1 - Several Jamaica squad players are in dispute with the Jamaican FA about various issues, so the number of available players may have been limited for today's game.

Additional information 2 - Match reports are saying Tilt came on as sub (64 mins). No mention of Harding. Initial report that he was on the bench may have been an error.

Additional information 3 - Next Jamaica international fixture is scheduled for July 2021

Last edited:
26/03/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - confirms Tilt's international debut as a second-half sub, and also says that Harding was an unused sub.

Additional information - Wigan are hoping to get Tilt back for their next game (Sat) if international Covid regulations allow.

Last edited:
30/05/21

Jamaica squad announced (13/05/21) for June 2021 friendlies included Harding, but not Tilt. Information is a bit sketchy though. Think some players are still in dispute with the Jamaican FA, and more players could be added to the squad. Next scheduled fixture - Japan away on 3rd June.

Last edited:
02/05/21

Japan v Jamaica friendly tournament match has been cancelled due to problems with some of the Jamaica team's Covid test certificates. Their next fixture, if it goes ahead, is against Serbia on 7th June. Venue : Japan, (k.o. 0900 UK time)

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the Jamaicans living in Jamaica have any certificates! They are probably the most laid-back people I have ever met.

Given the fairly long-running chaos at the Jamaican FA, maybe Tilt has turned down the chance to play again? Jamaica seem to be short of available players for their visit to Japan.

Last edited:
07/06/21

Serbia v Jamaica (Friendly match in Japan) goes ahead (now 0800 k.o. UK time)
Wes Harding is in the Jamaica starting line up and should be making his international debut. Curtis Tilt is a late call-up to the squad and is now on the subs bench! Blair Turgott (ex-Millers loanee) also starting.

HT 0-1 (Gray)

Wes Harding played the whole game. Cutis Tilt came on as sub for his second international cap on 79 mins. (Blair Turgott was subbed 67 mins)
None booked.

FT 1-1

Next Jamaica fixture is in CONCACAF Gold Cup on 12th July

Last edited:
01/07/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter -
Tilt and Harding are NOT in the 23-man Jamaica squad for the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Ex-Miller Blair Turgott is in their squad though.

Update 02/07/21 from RUFC Official site - Tilt has a hamstring injury and is going to be out for several months. No wonder that he wasn't picked for the Jamaica squad!

Last edited: