TV Advice? | Page 6 | Vital Football

TV Advice?

LOL PC world gave me the bad news I can't fit PC sound system into my LG Ffs when I had me old TV about 15 feckin years old I could just plug them straight in, technology ay lol

I am still going to try Maplin though they have everything for connections at a long shot

Ok dude's been looking at Ebay at a surround sound cinema system set up on these equipment say to watch out as some will only work on the DVD player or other external equipment,

Now you know me i ay technological minded complicated like one but not actually wired quite right most times lol, but everything i have been reading up on these home cinema systems is just confusing me even more ffs lol. i would really appreciate any input on what system i need cos i have read i would need digital then HD 3D etc etc and my head is frazzled tbh i am stuck, my TV model is LG 3D Smart TV model number 42LA740V-ZB thanks

P.S i am sorry to be cheaky and i have really tried to work this stuff out and read back on this thread but not found the system i need,

OK I'm sorry to bring this thread back into play but I am going to buy myself a 4K 55" smart tv and need some advice. Just hoping our resident tech wiz Heathfield is reading this. Currys have got a Sony Bravia ultra HD 4K on offer at £999 it is KD55X8509C. it comes with a free sound bar worth £99 or a wireless sound bar at half price, £175. The other question I have is, which ever TV I buy is it better to get a sound bar or a soundstage. I aint very tech minded so any advice would be very much appreciated.

I can't help with the tech advice but how about some money saving advice?

Curry's are offering 1.57% cashback on TV's through TopCashback. So if you are spending £999, that's over £15 cashback.

Simply signup to topcashback and click on the curry's link and buy as normal. (and if you use my link below I get money too for refering you!) :-)

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/deanovilla

I have a LG tv with matching wireless soundbar but to be honest I'm disappointed in the sound. In my lounge I have a Samsung tv to which I have attached an audio amplifier and speakers. The result is so much better.

astonion - 6/11/2015 15:30

OK I'm sorry to bring this thread back into play but I am going to buy myself a 4K 55" smart tv and need some advice. Just hoping our resident tech wiz Heathfield is reading this. Currys have got a Sony Bravia ultra HD 4K on offer at £999 it is KD55X8509C. it comes with a free sound bar worth £99 or a wireless sound bar at half price, £175. The other question I have is, which ever TV I buy is it better to get a sound bar or a soundstage. I aint very tech minded so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Hi mate. Thanks for the confidence in me!! It might be misguided here.

I've never tried a soundbar or soundstage, so don't really know how different they would be. I just use a 5.1 surround sound system, which I can guide you on.

The two do seem very similar in terms of the 2.1 sound they provide, so I reckon it would come down to how they actually sound to you. Would a soundstage have deeper bass? Some seem to have additional features like DAB radio.

Sorry I can't be much help. :21:

Thanks for the response mate. Not sure myself, the soundstage I think is pretty much a sound bar only flatter and bigger. I have got a 5.1 surround sound system myself so I think once I decide which tv to go with will stick with that. TV wise I like the Samsung UE55JU6740 curved screen. So need to talk to someone with a curved screen to find out what they are like to live with. MR FEAR are you reading this, if so your thoughts please.

oh that's strange, I posted earlier but they've not shown! Chromebook blip maybe.

I have been underwhelmed with the soundbar, it is ok but not sure it matches what I used to do, putting it through my lovely music unit for surround sound (it won't do it on this tv unless watching sky as I can plug it directly to sky)

They are ok though. Just not stunning.

The tv however still overwhelms me. Honestly, as Heath said on I think the first page, it makes you see the tv shows and films in a totally different way. Real things of beauty and if you are keen on tv/films it is well worth the price.

I honestly thought the curved screens were a bit of a 'do we really need that' and also thought surely the ultra hd 4k can't be that much better than HD... hence if you read the first page or two of this thread you'll see my conversion.

Honestly mate, I really don't think you'd be disappointed. I think this samsung is the best bit of kit I've ever bought and I do like my gadgets. Mom and dad got my sony bravia and they love it but when they come to mine they do say they can see a massive difference.

The picture is just so deep, some scenes you almost feel like you are in the room with the people on the tv!

It has and still does blow my mind how lovely they are, I'd heartily recommend Mr Astonion sir and the 3d feature (not that I use it too often) is amazing on these tvs as well.

I'd be very surprised if you were anything but impressed if you bought one.

Thankyou JF based on that I will go ahead and order it. It does look great but was'nt sure what a curved screen would bring to it.

Look forward to you updating us when you get it. I will be gutted if you don't like it (LOL) but honestly can't see any reason at all why you wouldn't.

I went in looking for a cheaper tv, as soon as I saw that one I knew it wasn't worth doing anything other than splashing out! Quite funny reading the first couple of pages, I had a go at Deano for suggesting a more expensive tv than I had seen then went out and doubled what he'd suggested!

Then again, it is always a good idea to have a go at Deano!

The Fear - 7/11/2015 16:39

Look forward to you updating us when you get it. I will be gutted if you don't like it (LOL) but honestly can't see any reason at all why you wouldn't.

I

Then again, it is always a good idea to have a go at Deano!

Yeah Deano was the first to post when I started this off again. Funny how he came up with a way for him to make some money out of it. :17: :17:

lol, to be fair that topcashback thing is very good, he introduced me to it and I've made about £100 so far for basically doing nothing but shop where I usually shop.