Turmeric. | Vital Football

Turmeric.

CecColdwell

Vital Newbie
Some time ago a member ( Greyblade ?) mentioned using Turmeric and Black Pepper for arthritis, are you or anybody else still using it and have you stopped using prescribed medication? Considering using it myself so i can stop using Meloxicam.

Some time ago a member ( Greyblade ?) mentioned using Turmeric and Black Pepper for arthritis, are you or anybody else still using it and have you stopped using prescribed medication? Considering using it myself so i can stop using Meloxicam.
it was me Cec. Yes I’m still using it as is the Mrs and it’s still working a treat for us. I think Aya on here has had good results as well. In my experience it works better for those who’s pains are caused by inflammatory conditions which I assume you have if you’re taking Meloxicam. I’d definitely consult your Doc first, I think you’ll probably have to stop taking other painkillers as they don’t recommend taking Turmeric with other anti-inflammatory meds (even ibuprofen).

Big companies like Seven Seas have now jumped onto the Turmeric bandwagon and have started packaging it with other joint easers but you’ll pay top dollar. I use a company based in York called Nu You Nutrition who offer a year‘s supply for £20. You can get them direct or via Amazon. Here’s a link if you want a look. UTB...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nu-Nutriti...+you+nutrition+turmeric&qid=1589883006&sr=8-5

Hi Cec - I can only add to Grey's words - I play a lot of sport and as I get older I have been suffering more and more with aches and pains afterwards. I have been taking turmeric now for approx 6 months and although I can't prove it, I definitely feel better and suffer less. I am pretty sure this is down to the turmeric and I take the stuff that Gray recommends.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Aya

Many thanks both of you will give it a try.I have already asked a doctor at Rotherham Hospital who said they couldn,t give an answer due to being at work.

Many thanks both of you will give it a try.I have already asked a doctor at Rotherham Hospital who said they couldn,t give an answer due to being at work.
I’d be interested to hear how you get on. It took around a week before I really noticed that it had started to work, and then things got progressively easier over the next month or two, not just the pain relief, movement. Timescales do vary widely from person to person though apparently.

We, wife and I started about a month ago GB and my joints( thumbs and knees) seem easier - or, more accurately,less painful, but the warmer weather coinciding blurs the issue somewhat

We have just started to take vitamin D3 every day......no idea if this will help
but if you are locked in then it said to replenish this sunshine vitamin within the body.

We, wife and I started about a month ago GB and my joints( thumbs and knees) seem easier - or, more accurately,less painful, but the warmer weather coinciding blurs the issue somewhat
I’d got to the stage where I’d got hip, neck and shoulder pain throughout the year TT. I didn’t take prescription drugs because the ones offered had so many bad side effects so I took Ibuprofen, but I had to obviously limit it. Arthritis is a problem in the family, my sister Barbara had to use a wheelchair by the time she was my age so I’d almost resigned myself to getting worse.

As I said it probably took about two months for Turmeric to reach its full effect in my case pain-wise but my freedom of movement increased probably for another 6 months. I started using weights again and re-joined the local ramblers club, things I’d stopped because I’d been deteriorating for probably 3 years. A bench press was out of the question because I couldn’t lie flat without a cushion and I couldn’t even get out of the bloody bath without a faff but I’m fine now and have been for 2 years. I wouldn’t like to say whether or not it’s simply me being pain free that’s increased my range of movement again or it's another effect of Turmeric, I tend to think it’s the former, but it’s been life changing for me. It’s had a positive effect on the Mrs as well although not so startling as she wasn't as bad as I was, just generally less aches and niggles than she had before.

I just wonder what the optimum effective dose of the active ingredient is, it seems pretty obvious that no supplier has any idea yet. I might start experimenting by reducing the dose and seeing if it makes any difference. It could be that a fraction of it will still be effective, or that an increased dose can be used in severe cases.

Strangely enough if you read the feed back on the link you put up many are saying that it’s the wrong ingredient and you need an excessive amount of tablets to achieve results whether this is true or not I have no idea what I do know is you and aya are genuine people and would only be honest with your results so to me just goes to show don’t believe all you read just go with what or who you trust

I’d got to the stage where I’d got hip, neck and shoulder pain throughout the year TT. I didn’t take prescription drugs because the ones offered had so many bad side effects so I took Ibuprofen, but I had to obviously limit it. Arthritis is a problem in the family, my sister Barbara had to use a wheelchair by the time she was my age so I’d almost resigned myself to getting worse.

As I said it probably took about two months for Turmeric to reach its full effect in my case pain-wise but my freedom of movement increased probably for another 6 months. I started using weights again and re-joined the local ramblers club, things I’d stopped because I’d been deteriorating for probably 3 years. A bench press was out of the question because I couldn’t lie flat without a cushion and I couldn’t even get out of the bloody bath without a faff but I’m fine now and have been for 2 years. I wouldn’t like to say whether or not it’s simply me being pain free that’s increased my range of movement again or it's another effect of Turmeric, I tend to think it’s the former, but it’s been life changing for me. It’s had a positive effect on the Mrs as well although not so startling as she wasn't as bad as I was, just generally less aches and niggles than she had before.

I just wonder what the optimum effective dose of the active ingredient is, it seems pretty obvious that no supplier has any idea yet. I might start experimenting by reducing the dose and seeing if it makes any difference. It could be that a fraction of it will still be effective, or that an increased dose can be used in severe cases.
I shall persevere and hope for results akin to yours GB. Stopped doing the exercise bike because my legs were painful afterwards but will attempt getting back in the saddle.

I’d be interested to hear how you get on. It took around a week before I really noticed that it had started to work, and then things got progressively easier over the next month or two, not just the pain relief, movement. Timescales do vary widely from person to person though apparently.

Will let you know Greyblade. Had to have a new right knee in 2008 and a operation on my right hand four years ago in which they shaved some bone from my bottom knuckle and relaid the tendons. It is now worse than before so ready to try anything.

Will let you know Greyblade. Had to have a new right knee in 2008 and a operation on my right hand four years ago in which they shaved some bone from my bottom knuckle and relaid the tendons. It is now worse than before so ready to try anything.
Good luck with it pal hope it works for you 🙏

Strangely enough if you read the feed back on the link you put up many are saying that it’s the wrong ingredient and you need an excessive amount of tablets to achieve results whether this is true or not I have no idea what I do know is you and aya are genuine people and would only be honest with your results so to me just goes to show don’t believe all you read just go with what or who you trust
I’ve taken the odd supplement over the years Bully including joint pain relief like glucosamine but turmeric is the only one that I can honestly say made an obvious difference. Regarding doses I started off buying it from the chemist and then ‘high strength’ from a company called Health Span before trying the one I use now and for me at least the different doses or prices made no difference.

Grayblade been on turmeric and black pepper capsules, from the company you recommended, for 10 weeks and i feel a lot better than i did on meloxicam. I still have poor days depending on the weather but less aches and pains than i did before. Many thanks for your advice and i would recommend anybody to try it but you need to take it for long enough for it to work.

Grayblade been on turmeric and black pepper capsules, from the company you recommended, for 10 weeks and i feel a lot better than i did on meloxicam. I still have poor days depending on the weather but less aches and pains than i did before. Many thanks for your advice and i would recommend anybody to try it but you need to take it for long enough for it to work.
I decided to try it been on it a while (The one gray recommended) now I dont take pain killers before I start my round anymore but it has been middle of summer the acid test is approaching in the next few months

That’s brilliant Cec. So pleased that it helped you.

I decided to try it been on it a while (The one gray recommended) now I dont take pain killers before I start my round anymore but it has been middle of summer the acid test is approaching in the next few months
Pleased for you as well Bully especially with your job.