Tshibola Ditched By MK Dons - Is There A Way Back At Villa? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tshibola Ditched By MK Dons - Is There A Way Back At Villa?

From what I can gather he showed talent, but could go missing in games. Maybe the right environment and right coaching would do it for him. The fans were beginning to get on his back so getting out was probably a good idea. MK Dons fans aren't the best.

I never understand the mentality of fans saying players should be “given a chance.” It’s up to THE PLAYER to take his chance!! It’s a simple formula - work hard every day, show a willingness to learn and be a good teammate. If you have the talent then you’ll play! There’s not a manager alive who wouldn’t play someone with those attributes (those are why Ian Taylor played and clearly Tshibola doesn’t have them....)

:26: :26:

I have to agree with that. No manager is going to ignore a hot talent making waves in the youth sides. O'Hare is a great example.

Elphick has all the attributes you've mentioned, hardest trainer by all accounts, can show a very good record with Bournemouth, but a short spell out injured and a poorish game on his return has done for him as far a Bruce is concerned.

Lyden is apparently making waves in the U23s, deservedly captain, can't get a look in.

There's only so much a player can do. If the manager isn't interested then you don't get the chance.

McParlandTheGreat - 12/11/2017 12:46

Elphick has all the attributes you've mentioned, hardest trainer by all accounts, can show a very good record with Bournemouth, but a short spell out injured and a poorish game on his return has done for him as far a Bruce is concerned.

Lyden is apparently making waves in the U23s, deservedly captain, can't get a look in.

There's only so much a player can do. If the manager isn't interested then you don't get the chance.

With Elphick it’s a talent issue. On his only recent performance he made the mistake that led to the loss and got himself sent off for a challenge that was a direct result of his lack of pace. Lyden is only a few months removed from a long term injury and has two experienced and talented players in front of him. It’s a massive step from reserves to first team.
Bottom line is that we don’t see them every day and for us to claim that the manager is treating them unfairly is pure speculation (at best).

True, we don't see them every day, so it's also speculation to say they don't cut it. Not a question of fairness. What I'm saying is that if players aren't offered a genuine chance to show what they can do then you can't judge them. Hourihane was apparently the pits until he had the chance to show that he wasn't.

Tshibola has had a stop start career due to his ability to get injured.
I think he had only played something like four or five times for Reading when Steve Clarke, our then assistant manager recommended him.
I think the reported fee was £5 million. A vastly inflated price for someone of his experience, especially when, at the same time, we could have got Chris Gunter, the Wales right wingback, also from Reading. At the time I was suggesting we get Gunter and Ben Davies, the Wales left wingback from Spurs, as with Chester that would give us three of the Wales back line that played so well at the Euro's.

I was at Cardiff in january when tishibola came on in the 2nd half and was quality, mind you our two central midfielders had both been subbed at half time after what was one of the most inept 45 minutes of football I have ever seen.

I was there too and I remember Gary Gardner being particularly very bad, didn’t need to do much to come on and improve on that.

I was there too but thankfully I have successfully managed to erase all memories of that game from my head.

holtelower - 10/11/2017 10:51

He seems to have all the attributes of an Ian Taylor

He's tall and black, thats where the similarities end.

He has more attributes akin to Yacouba Sylla than Ian Taylor.

And I don't think it's any big mystery either.... he's just not very good. He'll find his level around League 2 maybe.

Agree there must be an underlying personal issue preventing Tish establishing himself at Villa. I think naturally he’s a gifted player technically but I’d rather a good player up to pace with the game than a very good player who isn’t fit or up able to play at the pace.

I’m not sure he’s even set the world alight anywhere else in the lower leagues after a few loan spells son probably worth ditching.

VillaTomB38 - 13/11/2017 09:15

I was there too and I remember Gary Gardner being particularly very bad, didn’t need to do much to come on and improve on that.

Yes the first half i particular was woeful. The central midfielders were Westwood and Gardner and both got subbed at half time.

McParlandTheGreat - 12/11/2017 12:46

Or if the manager is of the safety first variety