Trust meeting with Levy, Cullen & co transcript | Page 3 | Vital Football

Trust meeting with Levy, Cullen & co transcript

Let's go back to basics with all this.

When we first played in the CL , we all knew we could never win the competition, but the carrot being dangled was that it raised big money, raised the club's profile and therefore helped us sign a better class of player.

So we eventually became the first club ever to sign no one.

I will not tire of telling it as at is, we will never win anything again with these money grabbing shysters in charge.

ENIC and LEVY OUT.

WE signed THREE Champions League quality players; Sanchez, Lucas and Aurier...

I'm not looking at the average or history. I'm looking at the last and next windows. We were told there was money to spend last window and based on previous performance and revenues I would expect some available in Jan. So the Jan budget should or could be higher than last summer. We buy differently to the big boys I know that. But not spending at all does not even give the chance to polish a hidden gem on the cheap.

I'm not looking at the average or history. I'm looking at the last and next windows. We were told there was money to spend last window and based on previous performance and revenues I would expect some available in Jan. So the Jan budget should or could be higher than last summer. We buy differently to the big boys I know that. But not spending at all does not even give the chance to polish a hidden gem on the cheap.

The summer and Jan transfer budget both fall within the same financial years budgets - I don't know of another way of stating that fact.

Not buying at all, was as I said at the time, first and foremost Poch's decision.

Poch has and had actionable intelligence and had to hand all the facts of the state of each deal, each target which we do not have; beyond speculating as to why he felt we were able to not buy and still progress is something we can only guess at.

Poch made his bed, he is now laying in it and as of last night I'm told by someone who really is in a position to know for certain, he's pretty pleased with his lot and thinks he made exactly the right call.

The summer and Jan transfer budget both fall within the same financial years budgets - I don't know of another way of stating that fact.

Not buying at all, was as I said at the time, first and foremost Poch's decision.

Poch has and had actionable intelligence and had to hand all the facts of the state of each deal, each target which we do not have; beyond speculating as to why he felt we were able to not buy and still progress is something we can only guess at.

Poch made his bed, he is now laying in it and as of last night I'm told by someone who really is in a position to know for certain, he's pretty pleased with his lot and thinks he made exactly the right call.
I suspect the kitty was so small Poch felt he could add no value to the first team from it. The way it's looking we needed depth, not necessarily first team starters. Poch of course couldn't predict injuries to Alli, Eriksen, Vert, Aurier etc. Wanyama and Dembele he probably knew they were fragile as ever. Amos was a surprise injury and was nearing game time. I have heard Harry Redknapp asking who we could have signed better than we had and Poch has said similar. What they mean is within our budget of course which was possibly paltry in the context of what you need to spend to get quality. Poch may feel we have enough fringe players already and didn't want any more.

Interesting that none of those were PL standard, Moura took 6 months approx, Sanchez is still learning and who knows with Aurier, it depends what Serge turns up.

This is the level of player we should expect to be brought in the next couple of seasons, It's why Gomes is such an attractive target.

Any news of contracts for 3 key players running out?

Talking of which, when I read last year's financial reports, this jumped out at me....

THFC Cashflow.png

THFC only have a revenue of c£300m, yet post onto the balance sheet a £221m line item for acquisitions of property, plant and equipment. THFC also turn around publicly and say that the stadium project won't impact the football side in any way. One year later they become the first club to fail to sign a single player.

Now I might be missing something, but how can a football fan read this stuff and not put 2 and 2 together and make 5?

Talking of which, when I read last year's financial reports, this jumped out at me....

View attachment 29569

THFC only have a revenue of c£300m, yet post onto the balance sheet a £221m line item for acquisitions of property, plant and equipment. THFC also turn around publicly and say that the stadium project won't impact the football side in any way. One year later they become the first club to fail to sign a single player.

Now I might be missing something, but how can a football fan read this stuff and not put 2 and 2 together and make 5?

It's called financing. That's what you're missing.

Interesting that none of those were PL standard, Moura took 6 months approx, Sanchez is still learning and who knows with Aurier, it depends what Serge turns up.

I think you're confusing preparedness with ability and potential to improve even further.

Half full, or half empty?

Three players who wouldn't have come near us in some years gone by.

View attachment 29569

The average football fan with no exposure to runninga reasonable sized business probably wouldn't understand how the free cash flow / balance sheet and asset aquistion funding works.

But most understand what having a 'debt' means so I guess it's more like they'd add up to make 4.5 ...!

Interest rates have been at a historical all time low; read the accounts and you'll see it has minimal impact on free cash flow.

He isn't yet. He was average at Barca and he hasn't even played a game for Everton due to injury.

Which makes the decision to walk away from him look like a good one - on a personal note, I almost certainly in the absence of a medical evaluation telling me not to, probably would have taken the risk and pursued our interest.

Looks like Poch was right and I was wrong.

Poch came out and implied we had feck all budget for the summer. Not even enough for unprepared potential like the 3 mentioned. He said we tried to buy but couldn't at the price we wanted to pay, ie 15 to 20 for Grealish when Villa wanted 30 plus. He scrambled his comments like the sardine boat being followed by the gulls but it's not hard to read into his riddles.

In today's post spam press conf Poch was asked if he was happy with our position considering we didn't sign anyone. He said he was not happy with the last window and a club needs to move forward and refresh the squad to fight for titles. He said it was not possible to sign last window but he is not happy about it. He said our position does not vindicate no signings and we need to sign in Jan or the summer.