US Politics Thread | Page 408 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Trump and Pence talk about their great progress on Coronavirus.

Dr Fauci says hold my beer.

US infectious disease chief Dr Anthony Fauci says the nation has a "serious problem" as 16 states reel from a spike in Covid-19 cases.

At the first White House task force briefing in two months, Dr Fauci said: "The only way we're going to end it is by ending it together."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53200834

I'm amazed he's lasted this long, what's the US equivalent of a P45?

It's called a pink slip (O.K sponsored by Google told me 😏 I'll be honest)

Knew he'd deleted it after - but with all the clips he could've Twatted....he picks the White Power one!?

I refuse to believe even he's that simple - so he either really believes or doesn't believe it, doesn't give a shit and is deliberately doing it to rile up.

His first speech in 2015, after he announced he was running, was a racist tirade. It was aimed at his base, and nobody else. It's largely why they haven't deserted him.

Hopefully enough other voters now also see it, and won't make the mistake of voting for him again.

Trump meltdown incoming...

The US Supreme Court has ruled 5-4 that a law restricting abortions in Louisiana is unconstitutional in a landmark decision.

The law required that doctors providing abortions have admitting privileges to nearby hospitals, which the justices ruled led to an undue burden on women.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined liberal justices in the 5-4 decision in a blow to anti-abortion groups.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53224443

On March 30, Russian leader Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump spoke by telephone, the first of five calls between the two over a period of three weeks.

Only one of those five calls was shared with the press. None were posted to the White House website, a serious deviation from prior practice.

Every day this thread gets a bit longer with more absurd stuff and closer to home we have stories which should be shocking and result in people being hung out to dry.

There’s so much of it, it’s not even funny any more. We’re going to end up with a US invasion the longer Trump is in power and the more pressure he gets at home, because that’s one way to win back the people in the US - claim someone is after you then blow them to pieces.