US Politics Thread | Page 399 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

70% of the population support the protestors. Trump's attempts to inflame the situation have backfired spectacularly, as protests grow the more he calls for a violent response to them.

Biden's response has been spot on.

Wouldn't have minded Wittonite, but at the retest I failed the bit I'd previously passed and passed the bit I'd previously failed.

I gave up at that point and started laughing.

I bet my grasp of maths is still better than Trump's though lol

70% of the population support the protestors. .

It’s sad to me that only 70% support the protestors, it means that 30% do not support the cause of an innocently murdered black man. Then again, it’s the US so nothing surprises me anymore.

But how many support the riots and looting? That must be in the low double digits if not single digits. This is the story now, not the Flloyd story.

It’s sad to me that only 70% support the protestors, it means that 30% do not support the cause of an innocently murdered black man. Then again, it’s the US so nothing surprises me anymore.

But how many support the riots and looting? That must be in the low double digits if not single digits. This is the story now, not the Flloyd story.
That's the point I guess... it's not that the 30% support the murder, they just don't support the protestors' reaction to it.

But I agree, this is quickly becoming the story. The continued rioting and looting is massively counter-productive and is not going to change the entrenched, racist positions they are fighting against.

I just read that 31% of Americans approved of the looting-and-shooting tweet Trump sent out, and only 37% of Americans were willing to say that Trump is not a racist.

I have to say, they really are in big trouble.

That's the point I guess... it's not that the 30% support the murder, they just don't support the protestors' reaction to it.

But I agree, this is quickly becoming the story. The continued rioting and looting is massively counter-productive and is not going to change the entrenched, racist positions they are fighting against.

The rioters and looters aren't the same people as the protestors. Some are their to do exactly what you describe here, and change the narrative.

I mean, the Boogaloo Bois stated aim is a Civil War over race, so isn't this their opportunity?

I just read that 31% of Americans approved of the looting-and-shooting tweet Trump sent out, and only 37% of Americans were willing to say that Trump is not a racist.

I have to say, they really are in big trouble.

Scary number.

I think it Britain, Europe and probably much further afield we try and put our own rationale and logic on what we think Americans should do, but they are so oblivious to the rest of the world and influenced within their 52 different countries they can’t comprehend or compare outside of their world.

Black people and Hispanics voted for Trump too, in pretty sizeable numbers or he wouldn’t have won Florida.

The rioters and looters aren't the same people as the protestors. Some are their to do exactly what you describe here, and change the narrative.

I mean, the Boogaloo Bois stated aim is a Civil War over race, so isn't this their opportunity?

Yes, I agree. Perhaps I should have been clearer - I meant that the rioting and looting in itself will undermine the goals of the protestors in the eyes of the general public (glass or two of wine - sorry!).

But after centuries of subjugation, I can understand why protests might turn into riots as the police (and others in authority) behave exactly in the manner which drew the protests in the first place.

LOL, you could have had both, you know.

You wouldn't have batted an eyelid had I said Spanish mate!

And technically not true either, it was the day I'd have otherwise being going for the 3rd test that I got my hands on slightly better than DD (although admittedly not that exact day!)