US Politics Thread | Page 350 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

I'm no economics expert....but wasn't all of this seen coming, it was just a matter of time?

Appears it might be biting just a little bit earlier than the orange non-genius had anticipated when it came to blaming the Democrats!

I'm no economics expert....but wasn't all of this seen coming, it was just a matter of time?

Appears it might be biting just a little bit earlier than the orange non-genius had anticipated when it came to blaming the Democrats!

The 3 month/10 year bond yields inverted in December, and that usually means a recession within 2 years. The 2 year/10 year inversion just means it's closer than ever.

Well, from what I've seen the tax cut for normal folk didn't quite produce the commercial 'spend' most thought it would. The rich have pocketed it and not provided 'business growth' (surprise) as claimed.

Add to the deregulation letting business shit through sensibility, the war on US money abroad and China tariffs - notably even walking back the recent imposition of tariffs having little to no effect on the markets - it's a powderkeg.

I didn't think it would truly bite until gone 2020 and he was potentially out of office, but it may be closer than imagined.

And we haven't yet had the proper fall out from the tax cut either with the wealthy's long term benefit, yet low to middle earners being hamstrung quickly given how it operates.

Well, from what I've seen the tax cut for normal folk didn't quite produce the commercial 'spend' most thought it would. The rich have pocketed it and not provided 'business growth' (surprise) as claimed.

Add to the deregulation letting business shit through sensibility, the war on US money abroad and China tariffs - notably even walking back the recent imposition of tariffs having little to no effect on the markets - it's a powderkeg.

I didn't think it would truly bite until gone 2020 and he was potentially out of office, but it may be closer than imagined.

And we haven't yet had the proper fall out from the tax cut either with the wealthy's long term benefit, yet low to middle earners being hamstrung quickly given how it operates.

Michael, are you suggesting that trickle-down economics doesn't work? That it's all just a sham to give tax cuts to people who don't need it? That if you want easy economic growth you need to put money into the hands of the poorest people but right-wing governments won't do that because they hate the poor?

I'm shocked.