US Politics Thread | Page 332 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Siggy, what do you think of Buttigieg ? Has he got a chance?

Having seen the right's reaction to a black President, I would love their despair at a Gay one!!!

I put it down to apathy. So many Hillary voters stayed at home, because she was a sure thing. That won't happen again.

Also, the economy is slowing down at an alarming rate. If the Dems have got any sense, they'll start majoring on that soon.

I suspect that the Democrats badly misjudged the mood in 2016. Nobody was that excited about Hillary but they ran her anyway. I worry that they will do the same again with Biden or someone like that.

If I had to put money on anyone, it would be Kamala Harris. She ticks all the boxes, and isn't too left wing, like Bernie. No scandals too damaging for her yet, either, or though I can't see how anyone can be close to Trump on that score.

The Right hated a Black President, so what would they think of a Black Woman President? It would be brilliant.

Until you go to a small town in the south people will never understand how he is president or understand that he couldnt easily get a second term, easily!

Its very weird to say this but I can't wait for this next election and much of it is entertainment value and that right there is a gigantic problem. That's another reason he could get another term because for sure there are people who could vote that won't because they'll be thinking like me and just look at this so wrongly. Now if I could vote I would.

I am hopeful of some change purely based on the theory that the pendulum will swing completely the other way and I feel record breaking numbers will vote. The black and latin communities will come out in force and this time and that will really count. Trump has been good for one thing, showing just how deep and divided the country is and how racist the place still is.

There is a huge danger Bernie or someone of his ilk is just as polarising that the vote is split.

After watching our useless shower running round in circles I can see why the Americans went for Trump.

You don't even know the half of it man. As an outsider and the things I have seen here I really get it now and you're so right we live in strange and dangerous times. I think regardless of the outcome a backlash will unfold, there'll be riots and people might die.

I can understand where you're coming from CDX, but there are a few factors that need to be taken into account.

The biggest is that his base, as they call it, hasn't increased at all. That accounts for only about 34%. He needs so many more votes than that. He managed to gain Obama and Independent voters last time. These people are now deserting him. The Dems won the Midterms by 11 million.

Next, and just as big, his promises on the economy will be shown to be false. It's happening already, but it will become very apparent soon. Banks are going to restrict lending, and the whole system is based on the availability of credit.

Finally, you mentioned Black and latino voters, but it will be women that see him gone. He has inspired many to stand, and millions more to vote.

I swear this is why Nancy Pelosi now doesn't want him impeached.

Siggy, what do you think of Buttigieg ? Has he got a chance?

Having seen the right's reaction to a black President, I would love their despair at a Gay one!!!

I think it would be amazing, but not likely to happen as I think that Trump was elected as "revenge" for a black president. The country has become more and more divided (read openly racist) since he was elected. There is so much hatred right now and nobody wants to work together or compromise to help move the country forward they just want to blame the other side.

Until you go to a small town in the south people will never understand how he is president or understand that he couldnt easily get a second term, easily!

Its very weird to say this but I can't wait for this next election and much of it is entertainment value and that right there is a gigantic problem. That's another reason he could get another term because for sure there are people who could vote that won't because they'll be thinking like me and just look at this so wrongly. Now if I could vote I would.

I am hopeful of some change purely based on the theory that the pendulum will swing completely the other way and I feel record breaking numbers will vote. The black and latin communities will come out in force and this time and that will really count. Trump has been good for one thing, showing just how deep and divided the country is and how racist the place still is.

There is a huge danger Bernie or someone of his ilk is just as polarising that the vote is split.

You don't even know the half of it man. As an outsider and the things I have seen here I really get it now and you're so right we live in strange and dangerous times. I think regardless of the outcome a backlash will unfold, there'll be riots and people might die.

What's the funniest/weirdest/best thing you've seen?

Where in the south have you gone? I live in Charleston, South Carolina and we just turned the 1st congressional district blue for the first time in 40 years.

What's the funniest/weirdest/best thing you've seen?

Since the below is weird and negative the best thing would probably be the same story most have about visiting San Francisco. One of the best days of my life was meeting an old college roommate I hadnt seen in 4 or 5 years. Cycled with him and my mates from Fisherman Wharf across the bridge and down to Sausalito and drank there all day before being assholes and skipping the queue for the ferry. We paid two guys in beers and they let us in, the two guys who let us skip were the last two on the boat. Literally the most perfect day I think I have ever had.

Where in the south have you gone? I live in Charleston, South Carolina and we just turned the 1st congressional district blue for the first time in 40 years.

Atlanta, Nashville, Austin, Charleston, Charlottesville and Springfield, TN and I find it weird Washington and Delaware are sometimes considered as part of the South.

Springfield is the source of the weirdest, funniest and most sobering story I have about America. After spending a great weekend in Nashville a friend of mine wanted to go to a rodeo. Our perception of what a Rodeo was vs. the reality is something that I'll never forget.

So me and 3 of my friends google rodeo's and find one happening out in Springfield we get an Uber and the first red flag was our driver laughing and saying you guys are crazy. We ask why and he repeats it you guys are so crazy, 1 Irish guy and 3 english guys with strong completely different accents, you're crazy!

We get out there and he say's 'I'll just get a coffee and wait here'. We said come in we'll pay he was like 'nah I am real good out here'. We still hadn't copped on. He takes off and across the street are two pick-up trucks with confederate flags out the back. We're in the middle of nowhere off some highway. The town itself is about 15k people.

Anyway my mate is the first to walk into the place and its just in this random field across from a gas station. He asks the girl at the entrance 'where are the beers love' in his scouse accent. She looks at him like he's 5 heads and he says 'guess you've none done'. She just stares until we walk by. Turns out they did have none. The place was dry as a bone.

We wonder on in and as we walk we hear the guy on the mic reading something from the bible, we turn the corner and I am not joking we heard - 'a prayer for our fallen' and suddenly a guy on a white horse bolt out holding a gigantic american flag. He then announces it is time for 'the greatest song in the world' and a blonde haired girl, a child of no more than 8 sings it and obviously she cannot sing. We take our seat and we're confused about whats going on. As we talk people are just staring and we notice the clientele are very much rednecks. Literally lads in dirt, ripped clothes not one dressed in anyway decently. Lost count of the red flags there.

Next red flag was announcers making sexist jokes to which the crowd erupts including the women. People in the crowd literally we 'yee-hawing' and any other stereotypical thing you can think of that rednecks say.
The next segment involved a guy doing donuts in the dirt with a modified rally car. The car subsequently breaks down and the announcers ask him whats wrong, they call the car a 'japanese/chinese/ching-chong' piece of shit. The announcer tells him there must something to help and the guy 'finds' the instruction manual and proceeds to read it out with the stereotyped accent it says 'ching-chong-chi etc.'

We decided to leave as soon as he started the fake language stuff. This all took place within 20 minutes you can only imagine what else went on because it was 1.5-2 hours long. I called the uber guy as we were giving cash in hand and he just burst out laughing. 'Damn, you guys are right on time'. The whole way home he was laughing at us and saying 'I wanted to tell you but sometimes its important people see these things first'
Uber driver was black and just said he could never go to one even if he wanted.

When trump got elected I think we were the only European people in our offices who understood how.

Since the below is weird and negative the best thing would probably be the same story most have about visiting San Francisco. One of the best days of my life was meeting an old college roommate I hadnt seen in 4 or 5 years. Cycled with him and my mates from Fisherman Wharf across the bridge and down to Sausalito and drank there all day before being assholes and skipping the queue for the ferry. We paid two guys in beers and they let us in, the two guys who let us skip were the last two on the boat. Literally the most perfect day I think I have ever had.

Atlanta, Nashville, Austin, Charleston, Charlottesville and Springfield, TN and I find it weird Washington and Delaware are sometimes considered as part of the South.

Springfield is the source of the weirdest, funniest and most sobering story I have about America. After spending a great weekend in Nashville a friend of mine wanted to go to a rodeo. Our perception of what a Rodeo was vs. the reality is something that I'll never forget.

So me and 3 of my friends google rodeo's and find one happening out in Springfield we get an Uber and the first red flag was our driver laughing and saying you guys are crazy. We ask why and he repeats it you guys are so crazy, 1 Irish guy and 3 english guys with strong completely different accents, you're crazy!

We get out there and he say's 'I'll just get a coffee and wait here'. We said come in we'll pay he was like 'nah I am real good out here'. We still hadn't copped on. He takes off and across the street are two pick-up trucks with confederate flags out the back. We're in the middle of nowhere off some highway. The town itself is about 15k people.

Anyway my mate is the first to walk into the place and its just in this random field across from a gas station. He asks the girl at the entrance 'where are the beers love' in his scouse accent. She looks at him like he's 5 heads and he says 'guess you've none done'. She just stares until we walk by. Turns out they did have none. The place was dry as a bone.

We wonder on in and as we walk we hear the guy on the mic reading something from the bible, we turn the corner and I am not joking we heard - 'a prayer for our fallen' and suddenly a guy on a white horse bolt out holding a gigantic american flag. He then announces it is time for 'the greatest song in the world' and a blonde haired girl, a child of no more than 8 sings it and obviously she cannot sing. We take our seat and we're confused about whats going on. As we talk people are just staring and we notice the clientele are very much rednecks. Literally lads in dirt, ripped clothes not one dressed in anyway decently. Lost count of the red flags there.

Next red flag was announcers making sexist jokes to which the crowd erupts including the women. People in the crowd literally we 'yee-hawing' and any other stereotypical thing you can think of that rednecks say.
The next segment involved a guy doing donuts in the dirt with a modified rally car. The car subsequently breaks down and the announcers ask him whats wrong, they call the car a 'japanese/chinese/ching-chong' piece of shit. The announcer tells him there must something to help and the guy 'finds' the instruction manual and proceeds to read it out with the stereotyped accent it says 'ching-chong-chi etc.'

We decided to leave as soon as he started the fake language stuff. This all took place within 20 minutes you can only imagine what else went on because it was 1.5-2 hours long. I called the uber guy as we were giving cash in hand and he just burst out laughing. 'Damn, you guys are right on time'. The whole way home he was laughing at us and saying 'I wanted to tell you but sometimes its important people see these things first'

When trump got elected I think we were the only European people in our offices who understood how.

What the fuck?

How many people were there?

Ah yes, a good ole slice of Americana. This doesn't shock me and honestly could happen in any state, north or south. And the people at that rodeo think Trump is the best president they've ever had. They truly believe he is looking out for them.

Between Trump, gun violence, lack of affordable health care for everyone, failing public education, etc Mr Siggy and I have frequent discussions about leaving and emigrating to another country.

What did you do in Charleston? What did you think?

“The first obligation is to provide your best view of the law. But if the president disagrees with that advice the attorney general litigating on behalf of the United States should take that position"

AG Barr yesterday, to Congress.

Translated - forget the Laws that Congress has passed, I'll go with what Trump says.

What did you do in Charleston? What did you think?

Nothing major to be honest just went to the beach and drank and ate good southern food. We were 25 weren't really looking to see all the sites. We were there for 3 days after driving down from NYC so we just chilled. We walked around and liked the buildings and stuff but none of us are organizers so I guess we missed lots and lots of stuff.

What the fuck?

How many people were there?

I am terrible at numbers like that but I'd say a 500-1,000+ people. It was probably about the size of a 7 aside pitch with bleachers on all sides going back 10 rows.

Nothing major to be honest just went to the beach and drank and ate good southern food. We were 25 weren't really looking to see all the sites. We were there for 3 days after driving down from NYC so we just chilled. We walked around and liked the buildings and stuff but none of us are organizers so I guess we missed lots and lots of stuff.

I am terrible at numbers like that but I'd say a 500-1,000+ people. It was probably about the size of a 7 aside pitch with bleachers on all sides going back 10 rows.

Did they have lads on bucking Broncos trying to stay on for 7 seconds or is that something else?

I'm assuming you went to Folly Beach, if so I live 5 miles from there on James Island. If you ever make it back here let me know and I can give you a list of places to eat, drink and get your history on.

Julian Assange finally gets arrested as Ecuador revoke his asylum.

He pleads not guilty for a failure to attend Court PMSL

Can we put him and Trump in a room and wait for the explosion of the batshit narcissist egos?

Actually, no hold on, Trump would probably make him Secretary of State with a second portfolio for cyber crime.

200.webp