US Politics Thread | Page 317 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

“I could be the most popular person in Europe. I could run for any office if I wanted to. I don’t want to.”

Er, no Trump, you're not popular at all.

I think he's devolving (as they say on Criminal Minds about serial killers who have finally lost their shit) and he is just lashing out wildly now at anyone and everything he can, totally indiscriminately.

It's fascinating and hilarious in equal measure. It's just a crying shame that he has control over the lives of millions of innocent people who deserve no part of his behaviour.

Similar to Theresa May in many respects, in fact.

An American at a meeting the other day was saying to me about Trump. I said ''we have Brexit which if it goes ahead we cannot revoke and it will take another generation to take us back in on worse terms''

I said at least you can get rid of him in 2 years or at the worst 6 years. I haven't spoken to a single American who likes Trump. There must be a glut of them who never leave their areas of lives or maybe it's cos I am just not connected in to any of them through social media and otherwise thank goodness. I would have to remove if I did

The partial government shutdown, due to a Trump temper tantrum, could be over if Mitch McConnell, the leader of the Senate, would grow a set of balls and hold a vote in the Senate on the House of Representatives bill to finance 6 of the 7 parts of government, that have nothing to do with 'Trumpwall', until September.
A seperate bill to fund the seventh part of government until February 8th, so the wall funding can be debated, he has also refused to put up for a vote in the Senate.
McConnell says he will not put any bill up for a vote that Trump will not back.
McConnell is playing a very serious game where the losers could be the 13 Republican senators, including himself, whose seats are coming up for re-election.
If he would advance the bills to the floor and they were accepted, only to be vetoed by Trump, it is Trump who would pay the price at the ballot box.
Why McConnell is being so over loyal to a President who thinks loyalty should only travel one way, is beyond any logical thought.

Poor baby, even when he's sensible and mature those pesky Democrats just won't help.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46818218

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That you didn&#39;t pull this shutdown stunt when you had a GOP majority House and Senate shows what a dishonest, corrupt, incompetent loser you are</p>&mdash; Cheri Jacobus (@CheriJacobus) <a href=" ">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bye bye baby, baby good bye (that should say cry baby) He gets worse. He has no walked out of a meeting have a temper tantrum. Wish he would hurry up and walk out of The White House for good

The Dems should be pushing for a detailed breakdown of what the $5.7 billion is going to buy.
I bet there is a lot there that they could agree too, like replacing the ramshackle chickenwire fence at Tijuana, California.
Or the corrigated sheet fencing a couple of miles further east.
I know it's difficult to believe what Trump says when he has changed his demands after agreeing deals but, I'm sure its the only way to do it, bit by bit.

Did you see Trumps latest tantrum?
Nancy Pelosi is a California Senator and Trump has ordered FEMA not to give California any more money for the forest fires.
What the stupid prick doesn't understand is that 57% of the forests in California are federally owned, while California is only responsible for 3%. The other 40% is owned by private individuals.
You couldn't make it up could you.

Trump isn't grounded in reality, at all.

A recent survey showed that only 1% of Border Force agents thought a Wall would help. They want barriers, but these include fences and technology. Much cheaper options, suggested by those that know, but Trump knows better!!

Nancy Pelosi has "uninvited" Trump from delivering the State of the Union address at the Capitol building.

“I am writing to inform you that the House of Representatives will not consider a concurrent resolution authorizing the President’s State of the Union address in the House Chamber until government has opened,” Pelosi wrote in a letter to Trump.

“I look forward to welcoming you to the House on a mutually agreeable date for this address when government has been opened.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...b024f0efead142#block-5c48c499e4b024f0efead142

I regret to report that I have relatives in the U.S.A. who are Trump supporters. They are pretty wealthy and go to 'does' at Mar-a-Lago. Christ knows what they pay for the privilege. My first debate with them ended badly. I have now asked my wife not to engage with any pro-Trump stuff they post on Facebook. An uneasy truce prevails.
We plan to visit in the spring or early summer.
There may be trouble ahead!

I regret to report that I have relatives in the U.S.A. who are Trump supporters. They are pretty wealthy and go to 'does' at Mar-a-Lago. Christ knows what they pay for the privilege. My first debate with them ended badly. I have now asked my wife not to engage with any pro-Trump stuff they post on Facebook. An uneasy truce prevails.
We plan to visit in the spring or early summer.
There may be trouble ahead!

You might want to ask them about the economy. They will think it's going great, but Trump's economic adviser just said that this quarter's GDP could be 0%. I bet they won't know that.