US Politics Thread | Page 307 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Trump has a method of disrupting the questions almost every time. He will interrupt with some inane comment like "this should be good" in order to put the questioner on the back foot.

When journalists fight back, it's their fault, not Trump's?

It's hilarious. All the Trumpites are saying Acosta assaulted that woman. I am never queuing at s bar again. Any slight nudge on the woman next to me will end up with me in Court!!!!!

Another surprise - Whitaker is on record as saying the Mueller investigation should be limited in scope and he already thinks its too wide.

Another surprise - Whitaker is on record as saying the Mueller investigation should be limited in scope and he already thinks its too wide.

In a way, this might be a good thing. He may have to recuse himself, or if not, be careful what he does. He's not in line for the permanent job, so he doesn't want to damage his career.

Being a pundit is very different to doing the job.

LOL.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/jim-acosta-video-white-house-appears-from-infowars-2018-11

The White House is accused of using a video of CNN's Jim Acosta doctored by far-right outlet Infowars as justification for suspending the journalist's press pass.

But White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been accused of sharing a doctored version of the video, which slows down the intern's approach and speeds up Acosta's arm movement, making the moment appear more violent.

But was it?

The Independent got someone to examine it, and they say that three frames were doctored. They seem to freeze them, so then i looks like the arm comes down quicker.

In a way, this might be a good thing. He may have to recuse himself, or if not, be careful what he does. He's not in line for the permanent job, so he doesn't want to damage his career.

Being a pundit is very different to doing the job.
That's what I mean though, Trump has invited flak and potentially put himself back at square one.

If he'd just appointed Rosenstein, and left Whitaker as the backup he'd have won really.

That's what I mean though, Trump has invited flak and potentially put himself back at square one.

If he'd just appointed Rosenstein, and left Whitaker as the backup he'd have won really.

Whitaker won't get the job, so he's just standing in. I'm not sure he can make a decision as big as this. The Dems are waiting, and Mueller will be called in front of a committee to present his findings if he's fired.

But he could've come in as deputy with Rosenstein promoted and it would've got Rosenstein out the way and Whitaker in charge of the investigation in a more subtle way.

Seems so obvious to me though! lol

Oh God, Whitaker's appointment is potential illegal PMSL

Good job you aren't President. We'd never see it coming!!

Yes, Whitaker isn't Deputy AG, been elected by the Senate or appointed whilst the Senate is in recess. Technically, it isn't on good grounds.

lol, you'd just have to wait for me to have a drink - let's be honest

Yup, also something about Pres can't lead the appointment unless it's death/unexpected resignation - so being asked to resign falls outside the remit as well lol

I do hope the dwarf decides to go for revenge.