US Politics Thread | Page 286 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Wonder how long it will take the U.S. diplomatic team to put right the damage this guy is doing.

I would say never. We've seen behind the curtain now, and it shows us a system that is faulty to it's core. I don;t think any future President will be as well respected as those that have gone before.

Another day, another load of horse shit from Trump:

Donald Trump now says he holds the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, personally responsible for his country’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, further walking back a statement on Monday that drew bipartisan rebukes.

In an interview set to be broadcast Wednesday evening, the US president told Jeff Glor of CBS News that he holds Putin responsible “because he’s in charge of the country, just like I consider myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country”.

:shake:

https://goo.gl/qQNFxP

Don't worry, they'll be another story tomorrow to distract from this one....and on it goes....

God it's tiring lol

Wonder how often the Editors of the American press say hold the front page Trumps done it again. They must still be writing about his last cock up when he makes another.

Now I was feeling cr*p this morning. This made me laugh from my FB newsfeed. Always the defence eh :eek!:

Last edited:
I love what The Last Leg did here, in a wheat field on Trump's helicopter route to Chequers.

DiA-2BPW0AACbUY.jpg

A piece from The economist on Trumpet so called mix up of words

.................................................................................................................................

Double-plus un-obvious A grammatical analysis of Donald Trump’s double negatives

It is possible—but highly unlikely—that the president misspoke

FEW grammatical issues in history can have been quite as consequential. In Helsinki, Donald Trump rhetorically sized up the statements of his own director of national intelligence against those of Vladimir Putin, the former KGB spy standing a few feet away. Did Russia interfere with the election of 2016? “My people came to me. They said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

Then yesterday, Mr Trump issued what is, for him, a unicorn-feather of a statement, the rarest of things: a retraction. “The sentence should have been ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double negative.”

Cont: https://www.economist.com/prospero/...l-analysis-of-donald-trumps-double-negatives?

The fact the head of the CIA I think found out whilst doing an interview made me lol!

It was Dan Coats, who is the Director of National Intelligence. Does that mean he overseas all the intelligence agencies?

The fact that Trump wants nobody else in the room tells us all what is happening here. He is a full blown traitor. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Ah got the wrong acronym wasn't paying too much attention running round like a blue arse fly trying to catch up with Villa lol

NIC I guess as opposed to NSA....not sure on overseeing but they'll be a private whatsapp group - if he didn't know I guess others didn't.

1 on 1 says everything doesn't it.

It wouldn't happen, advisors are there as back up if it's claimed you said something/agreed to something you didn't!

The latest is that Cohen recorded Trump discussing a payment to a playboy model and the FBI have the tapes. Trump knows that the FBI have a lot more on him and his cohorts which is why he is on an all out campaign to dis-credit them before it comes out, even if it means selling the United States out to the Russians like he did the other day.